Quantcast

Anyone tried an MRP System 3 on a Giant??

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Cause i'm trying to get one on my DH Team right now (just to add to my day of fun) and i'm not having much success!

It seems like because of the ISCG mount being flipped i'll need a ton of spacers to make it work at all (resulting in a completely buggered chain line) or that i'll have to just take the guide plates off.

Can anyone help out in my hour of need?

Cheers, Mark

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Heres some advice. Buy a e13, they work great. I have seen ONE mrp on a giant and that was online through a google search. The 120 dollars will save you lots of time and you will have a much better guide. I used to run a e13 on my giant and it beat the living **** out of the stock guide.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
i have a system three but i might go with the e13 drs......is sick(duel ring security) but the system 3 holds up really well...are u thinking about the AL one or the carbon one......or the fusion! the aluminuim one is sick.....dont by a fusion(the plasticy bonded plastic one) it suck.....were i live its rocky....that what the mrp is born for.....get a e13

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
DH SB RIDER said:
i have a system three but i might go with the e13 drs......is sick(duel ring security) but the system 3 holds up really well...are u thinking about the AL one or the carbon one......or the fusion! the aluminuim one is sick.....dont by a fusion(the plasticy bonded plastic one) it suck.....were i live its rocky....that what the mrp is born for.....get a e13
What? what the hell are you on, seriously? You just said you might get an e13, which has a polycarbonate(lexan) bashgaurd. Yet you say don't buy the MRP Fusion because it has a "plastic bonded plastic bashring". Did you happen to know that the Fusion bashgaurd is also polycarbonate with a heat treated alloy plate in the middle?

Congratulations, you are the official board dumbass :thumb:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Wow, maybe I'll try to stay on topic here. One of my friends has a System 1 DS guide on his Giant, and it works just fine. To be honest, an MRP and an E13 will both do the job. I have tried both, and I like the MRP more; it makes less noise.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
blt2ride said:
an MRP and an E13 will both do the job. I have tried both, and I like the MRP more; it makes less noise.
If the e13 was not almost silent, it was set up incorrectly. The SRS is significantly quieter on the trail.

Also, if you like quiet, the 2006 SRS is dead silent. There is a new stealth idler for the SRS; a custom bearing and a rubber overmolded idler. Its pretty trick.

The SRS will fit the Giant, and there are instructions on the e.thirteen site. The Giant factory DH team has raced on the SRS for 2 years now.

Dave

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
nevermind anyone trying to help the guy out... just this droning 'buy e13' from the masses... i m sure thats just what he wants to hear... LAME

sorry SM, but i don t have any experience with that combo... hope ya get it figured..