Quantcast

Anyone tried Powerbar Triple Threat Bars?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Man, I just got some of these... man, they're yummy! I was bracing myself for that "energy bar" flavor, but damn... these taste like something I'd eat anyway :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
merrrrjig said:
If it is the bar I am thinking about, it was good untill I ate like 30 of them at sea otter and then hated them by the end
I did the same w/ Balance bar @ the snowshoe national a few years ago.

But these really are much better: Chocolate Caramel Fusion & Caramel Peanut Crisp! mmm :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Yea, back when they were called snickers... :)

the bars do rock, but are so frickin sweet.... i think thats why my box only lasted like a month :) Where as, Ive had some powerbar harvest bars going on a strong year now....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Do they make you fart like crazy, like every other energy bar?
:think: Maybe I just fart a lot ;)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
dump said:
I did the same w/ Balance bar @ the snowshoe national a few years ago.

But these really are much better: Chocolate Caramel Fusion & Caramel Peanut Crisp! mmm :D
Ya, but try putting one down while your heart rate is boosting over 190 and you are sucking down water just to avoid cotton mouth....these things dry out your mouth like the Sahara and the crispy things get caught in your dust-coated throat. I had a dry mouth one day while in the bike shop and despite throwing back a bottle of water I was still choking on it. Too dry, I'll use Gu for races and as for these things, if I ever get caught paying 3 dollars for an over-priced snickers bar....well shoot me there.

The Ito

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
ito said:
Ya, but try putting one down while your heart rate is boosting over 190 and you are sucking down water just to avoid cotton mouth....these things dry out your mouth like the Sahara and the crispy things get caught in your dust-coated throat. I had a dry mouth one day while in the bike shop and despite throwing back a bottle of water I was still choking on it. Too dry, I'll use Gu for races and as for these things, if I ever get caught paying 3 dollars for an over-priced snickers bar....well shoot me there.

The Ito
I hear you man... those situations definitely call for gu! but honestly in those conditions, eating anything is kinda difficult!