Quantcast

Anyone tried the '06 BoXXer race!?

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Has anyone had some real riding time on this one, I'm curious as to how the new motion control damping feels compared to boxxers of old!? any info is greatly appreciated!
/Hans.

atb

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
the north shore
i want to know what it's like too. it looks like it's going to be a sick fork for next year with rebound and compression adjustment.

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
vitox said:
i parking lot tested a team 06 and it felt just like a bigger and more linear pike.
That's what I was hoping would be the case for the Race, I know I'm stupid, but what would the difference be between the team and the race, with the speedstack I mean!?
Thanx.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i havent disassembled any of the new boxxers nor looked too much at the exploded views but a while ago i serviced a pilot SL that came with a very very cheap version of the motion control "compression damper" where basically the compression adjuster was a dial that made the oil pass thru a smaller or bigger hole, at least i couldnt see any shims or valves of any sort.
maybe thats how the race will bee too.

btw does anyone know if the motion control rebound damper is the same as previously found in pure dampers ?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hans:
That's what I was hoping would be the case for the Race, I know I'm stupid, but what would the difference be between the team and the race, with the speedstack I mean!?
Thanx.
The BlackBox Speedstack is basically Motion Control, but more robust in its design. The BlackBox Speedstack modifies the original MCD floodgate from a blow-off valve control to a compression damping control.

Hope this helps...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Basically instead of the shunt valve at the bottom of the current motion control unit, there is a needle valve, a base valve and some shims.

The rebound damper in my Pike is essentially the same as a pure damper as far as I can tell...