Quantcast

anyone tried the GT peace?

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey there. I usually hang out in the DH forum, but I've been thinking of getting a rigid ss for a bit of the old xc riding, and I recently came across the gt peace, and it seems like a good spec and a very good price. I like the fact that it has disc brakes, and the frame looks effing sweet, however, a guy at my LBS said that pretty much all EBB's creak (aside from white industries) and that GT's usually have very strange/racy geo!? So, anyone care to chime in with a bit of insight?! THanks.
/Hans

kennyo

Chimp
Feb 10, 2005
Charlotte
I was checking out the Peace 9er yesterday myself on sale at the local Performance for $479. Looks almost like a deal that I can't pass up. I have heard that you need to replace the EBB bolts with longer ones to prevent slippage. I think they are 6mm and people have been replacing them with 9mm. I'd love to hear some ride reports though.

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
EBB=eccentric bottom bracket. The bottom bracket sits in a larger shell that rotates in order to tension the chain, as opposed to standard ss frames where you move the rear wheel to take up slack.