Quantcast

Anyone up for an early morning DH run in Santa Cruz?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I was thinking start hiking up the hill at like 7am-ish, make it back down by 8am, still have time to shower and make it to work by 9. Anyone game? I am up for doing it any day this week.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah it looks like its going down on Wed. Were meeting at the parking lot right before the 20mph corner coming from Santa Cruz. Its the lot with the green gate and big rocks next to it.

Get there at like 6:45-6:55am. Were planning on walking up the trail right about 7:00. As of right now its just going to be me and my buddy Tyler. I am going to see about talking a couple more people into going.

kevster

Chimp
Apr 5, 2006
I'd love to ride down there again with you guys but 7's pretty early to be coming down from SF. How about a noon lunch ride? :cheers:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I wouldnt have time to. =\ I work in Los Gatos and I only get an hour for lunch. I would be able to drive there and then have to come back. =P

I'm planning on riding this weekend though.

kevster

Chimp
Apr 5, 2006
Was just kidding. If I can get up i might see ya tommorrow.....otherwise maybe I'll hit you up on the weekend

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Oh for sure man. Did you end up riding anyways? Dang that sucks we missed eachother. I was almost thinking about pulling over to make sure it wasnt someone who went to the wrong place. I'm thinking next week now because I broke my swing arm on my bike this morning. I should have it fixed by this weekend or monday at the latest.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
No pertinence to the thread, but can I ask where/how you broke your swingarm? I was all set to buy a SWD, but what happened?

May 2, 2004
Oh for sure man. Did you end up riding anyways? Dang that sucks we missed eachother. I was almost thinking about pulling over to make sure it wasnt someone who went to the wrong place. I'm thinking next week now because I broke my swing arm on my bike this morning. I should have it fixed by this weekend or monday at the latest.
Do you mind me asking, how did you break your swingarm? On the SWD?

May 2, 2004
forget it, somebody beat me to my previous question.... Hopefully, this was just a fluke incident. I got a crazy 8 on order. Any other feedback on the bike so far?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
forget it, somebody beat me to my previous question.... Hopefully, this was just a fluke incident. I got a crazy 8 on order. Any other feedback on the bike so far?
Steve assures me it was just a freak thing. He has sent a couple dozen out (of the new swing arm designs) and have had no complaints. I honestly would not worry about it at all. Steve backs his work up 100%. Hes replacing it by this weekend so I can ride. =]

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Bike isnt fixed still. =\ I'm bummed. I really wanted to ride DH this weekend.

I might be getting it this next week now? I was thinking of doing a Cyclocross ride tomorrow. I have a sick route I did on new years day I have been wanting to do again.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nah it goes through nicene marks and drops you into medicine budda. Sick run. I think im just going to head out now. We should set up a ride...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm out for DH this weekend. I'm supposed to get my new swing arm Monday or Tuesday this week. So if that happens, maybe a early morning DH run wed? thurs? fri? =]

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm going to have my bike together hopefully this weekend. But I dont think im going to get a chance to ride until next week. My best friend passed away last night so I have a lot to deal with for the rest of the week/this weekend. Its also my moms birthday on saturday.