Quantcast

Anyone up for an expedition?

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
So, I've got this New Years resolution. Basically, when my lease is up in May, I'm going to ride from Philadelphia to the southern tip of Chile on a photographic expedition. I've already started to search out sponsorship and all that jazz.

Is anyone interested in joining me. I know that I've kind of simplified things but I plan on getting it all togeather by may. Plus half the fun is jumping into something unknown....

Just an invitation.

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
Yeah, It's a bit much to ask of someone. I guess I'm looking for someone who is as sick as I am of city life and needs adventure. Someone who can pull their own weight and what not. It's always good to travel with someone else I hear.

I'm working on getting sponsorship from Nikon, Canon, Kodak, Fuji, on one, national geographic and a few local papers here in town. I'd like to find a writer or something.

I've been saving for something like this for a while. I wanted to do t through an organization like CARE or children international but they wont endorse anyone so I guess I have to do it by myself.

HOOWAH

Monkey
Sep 16, 2001
portland, maine USA
Yo that sounds awesome. I've been thinking about something like this for a while. The timing is off for me, I couldn't go until ~Feb 2007. How much do you figure something like that would cost to do? Are you trying to get expenses for the whole trip covered by sponsorship?

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
sirknight6 said:
Where in Philly are ya starting?
South Philly, more than likely right after I leave the storage facility.

It would be nice to cover it all by sponsorship but I doubt that will happen. The company I work for is willing to front the photographic supplies I need. I'm going to go talk to the LBS about gear and clothing....and see what they have to say. Who knows.