Quantcast

Anyone up for some dw-link with their Carbon Fiber???

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Holy crapizzle! Dats da rizzle shizzle dizzle!

*slap*

Sorry about that.

Man, I was hoping to buy an indie-fab dw bike one day, but that thing is siiiiiick! And I'm a downhiller.

:drool:

I think it's the first time I've used that icon.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
johnbryanpeters said:
No carbon fiber for this boy, I don't trust it.
You have to get used to carbon.

I got a great deal on FSA carbon cranks and bars for one of my bikes, so I figured the cranks would look cool on my wall after I broke them (I've broken several downhill cranks).

I was super nervous at first and thought every rock I hit was going to snap them, but they've totally blown me away.

When my downhill bike was out of commission, I ended up taking my 5 1/2" travel "trail" bike to N* twice. Rode everything there pretending I was on a downhill bike. Smacked the pedals HAAARRRD a couple of times, each time expecting my crank to explode. Nothing happened. Jumps and drops, nothing happened.

Just boring old, stupid light, carbon parts.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
cool to see dave working with the smaller companies. i think that is a good move on ibis' part to jump head first into that ballgame. for one, i am glad to see ibis back to building bicycles. horay for scott nicols!!!

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
That bike is too sick! I don't know what I'd do....ride it or display it in my living room. I'd love to give that and the IF Tungsten Electrode a head to head test...... just thinking about it is giving me impure superbike thoughts.... :evil:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Velo News said:
The Silk Carbon comes in at a very competitive $1399 (without fork) and the full suspension Mojo Carbon, featuring dw-link suspension, will run you $1899.
OMFG! I could actually, theoretically, afford one!

The catch 22 is that I wouldn't be able to stand putting sub-top-of-the-line parts on it... making it unaffordable.