Quantcast

Anyone use an Ochain thingy?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well I'm going to buy it based on name...
lots of good things come from that "O" start..

O-shit (usually has hold my beer involved)
O-baby (that's private)
O-snap (some dipshit made my day)

O-hell-no (anything related to what new riders are wearing)
O-yeah (hey!!!!! Koolaid, or private sometimes with koolaid)
O-gawd (anything in pinkbike forums)

Now that's some scientific shit you can't banter WOO!!

Power of the "O"

Here comes a comment from woo "O-No"

See proof

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think at this point buckow has a pretty thick skin (he's still here, after all) and he laughed at his custom title. If it's offensive, I'll change it...but we're all little dick ____ bros of some kind, aren't we?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think at this point buckow has a pretty thick skin (he's still here, after all) and he laughed at his custom title. If it's offensive, I'll change it...but we're all little dick ____ bros of some kind, aren't we?
oh i know. he's got a good sense of humor, did you see his haircuts during covid? :rofl:

just wanted to point out our history of running people off.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
oh i know. he's got a good sense of humor, did you see his haircuts during covid? :rofl:

just wanted to point out our history of running people off.
are you talking about alex and seth running off to hcor.net or what

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I personally feel proud running off people who just came here to hock things off on an normally good willed user group.

I don't think I've ever seen buckow blantantly try to sell shit here. We can keep him.

Besides he's met me in person, he already knows I'm an asshole. And to further prove it, I'm going to find a way to get LDIB on him in ink.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I so want to put a new kids "O, O, ooo the right stuff" meme in here right now...but if have to kick my own ass for going there and searching it.

Well thick skinned is the name of the game and you can tell who your friends are by how much shit they talk. Concerned ones are shifty...gotta watch out for them fools ..

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This can

Ohmibod
Lovelife Rev is designed with accessibility in mind, featuring an ergonomic design that's easy to hold, a single large button, and a manual with large typeface for readability. We firmly believe that pleasure is for everyone.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Wouldn't it work just for muting the banging around a chain and cassette does? Like even on a hardtail?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Wouldn't it work just for muting the banging around a chain and cassette does? Like even on a hardtail?
FINALLY!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Christ, how many more allusions to this could I have possibly fucking posted :rofl:

The only place true pedal kickback is an issue is when you're pedaling.....and those little elastomers are already bottomed out in those situations so nyah.

But the fact that the guy who built this is telling you this 'solves pedal kickback' is an indication of what he really knows about what he's designing.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Wtf Toodles…… WE already went over this. Don’t make me get Beetlejuice back in here!
Mate I'm drinking beers at Vancouver airport as I drown the sorrows of leaving Disneyland for MTBers. Don't expect me to bother rereading the sexual tension between you and Kidwoo for three pages.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
wait.....australians leave whistler?

As in depart, and go away from?

When did this start?
Dude it got cold! Like real cold. I couldn't wear shorts to the pub so I'm fleeing before polar bears attack. I've never seen anything like it

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Dude it got cold! Like real cold. I couldn't wear shorts to the pub so I'm fleeing before polar bears attack. I've never seen anything like it
but I've seen your people adapt

your species grows singular large panels between your feet and you slide downhill on this white stuff that covers the hills in a few months

I've seen it!

Like the god damn terrifying poisonous shit in australia that kills all..... Y'all just keep going.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Pfft, I bet it isn't even raining there. Mostly because it IS raining here. Pissing down like the end of times. Every day.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Pfft, I bet it isn't even raining there. Mostly because it IS raining here. Pissing down like the end of times. Every day.
Nah nothing biblical in Whistler. Just cold and some showers yesterday. I just gotta get back to Oz before my dad decides he's not gonna give my dog back. Riding has been sick, Sun Peaks crapped all over Whistler though.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
-solves lens flare
-maintains stereo vision for better depth perception
-isolates dangers of impacts better than single lens designs
-allows airflow for better moisture management around eye sockets
-you're not actually reading this far, you just think it's new
-covfefe

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Man...
I get that it saddens you when friends fall for it but honestly don't get why the bike industry doing it annoys you so much when the world is litterally full of lies to sell shit. but worse still lies to take from the most in need.
Honestly, I'm with @kidwoo on this one. I enjoy and am too addicted to riding to give it up, but this shit is frustrating and disheartening.

I don't have time to sort through all the bullshit anymore, and I'm not riding hard enough to break shit like I used to, which means shoddy and dumb as fuck products find their way on to my bike sometimes with me none the wiser, and I don't like giving money to companies that are suckering me and the general population.

Shit I have some dumbfuck stupid expensive carbon oneup bars that are purported to reduce handlebar vibration on my mountain bike, and I tried out some of those stupid $100 grips that are supposed to damp vibration too, because I was getting really bad arm pump while riding, and neither one of them does a damn thing. In fact, the best thing that I could do to reduce the vibration would be going back to the older 31.8 standard because this 35 shit is crap. Turns out the solution the media and industry was telling me I needed was wrong, and the better solution that I needed was the old 'obsolete' one they just moved on from. And yah, in retrospect that seems pretty obvious I guess, but the point remains that I don't have time to spend hours researching every product to figure out if its bullshit or not, and half the shit I read about from end users is other dumbfucks who don't know what they're talking about trying to justify an expensive purchase by saying its amazing. It sucks needing to have this level of distrust for a sport that should have some semblance of ethics involved in it.

In short, from the sounds of it, fuck Ochain and the horse it rode in on.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Shit I have some dumbfuck stupid expensive carbon oneup bars that are purported to reduce handlebar vibration on my mountain bike, and I tried out some of those stupid $100 grips that are supposed to damp vibration too,
C'mon. FFS.
You can't blame anyone but yourself for buying either of those dumb as shit 5 times the price of normal stuff that just works products. You don't need to do any sort of research to know a stupid light flexy AF carbon bar and annoying rattly grips isn't a good idea for hard riding. Just common sense.
Sorry. But zero sympathy here.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
C'mon. FFS.
You can't blame anyone but yourself for buying either of those dumb as shit 5 times the price of normal stuff that just works products. You don't need to do any sort of research to know a stupid light flexy AF carbon bar and annoying rattly grips isn't a good idea for hard riding. Just common sense.
Sorry. But zero sympathy here.
I'm not looking for sympathy - you're missing the point.

It's a firehose of bullshit and no matter how hard you go on being careful every once in awhile something will slip past the bullshit detector. Could be ceramic bearings, could be an Ochain. You can say "you should have caught that!" with literally any of the shit that goes through, but the reality is that we're paying 4k for frames that use cutting edge 2012 DH bike geometry (but now with steeper seat tubes™) - so it's pretty clear that the firehose of bullshit works and demonstrably results in inferior products at higher prices.

Hell Santa Cruz is still making a killing selling frames for 2500 more than everybody else because "free bearings for life!!!" - as if going down to your local bearing supplier cant land you nicer higher quality bearings than stock, that factored over the lifespan of the bike, cost way the hell less than that 2500 difference.

Last edited: