Quantcast

Anyone use Sutherland's manual?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I'm considering picking up the new edition and was hoping for some feedback. I looked at the preview chapter about pedals on their website and if they provide that much info on hubs, cranks, etc I think it could be useful. None of the local shops have an older copy around or at least wouldn't tell me if they did.

So, is it worth $190??

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Most shops should have one on hand. But for a home mechanic. I don't know. How many Sturmey-Archer rear hubs have you had to rebuild lately? I can fix most everything on a modern mountain or road bike without a manual. I for the most part can find the info I need on the net....

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
jdcamb said:
Most shops should have one on hand. But for a home mechanic. I don't know. How many Sturmey-Archer rear hubs have you had to rebuild lately? I can fix most everything on a modern mountain or road bike without a manual. I for the most part can find the info I need on the net....

Well this wouldn't be for "home" mechanic use necessarily. I'm more interested in having a nice reference for dimensions, torque specs, etc on hand. A lot of the info I need from time to time I can't find on the net for one reason or another. I guess I'll have to seek out a copy to peek at to see if it fits the bill or not.