Quantcast

anyone used sram 9.0 v's? or xt v's?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
*SPAM* I have a brand new set (F & R) of 2005 XT V's for sale in the box for $35 plus $5 shipping.

I haven't ever used XT's for CX but I have for MTB and they are the most powerful V's I've ever used. they are better than XTR due to their larger/stiffer arms.

Aug 27, 2004
Sorry but not to busrt your buble on the xt's..but i used those brakes for 1 season and then just got sick of how heavy they were and how well they skweaked!! hehe

I don't know anything about the sram 9.0's, sorry

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
All brakes squeak if the pads aren't toed in properly and no brakes squeak when the pads are setup properly. Yes they are heavier than some but that's where the performance comes from...

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
i have a direct comparison of avid sd 1.0's and xt's, and i can say the xt's are definitely more powerful. ive never used srams though.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I've had 9.0s for about 4 years, currently on a backup bike. I never had any complaints when I was using them. People have said that the levers break easily but that hasn't been my experience. I'd have no qualms about getting a new set.

That said, PricePoint had Avid SD7s on sale last year for cheap and I picked up a set. Much more adjustability both in terms of feel and reach than the SRAMs, and better stopping power too. So that's the way I'd go now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I used XT V's for many, many years (~6) before getting discs on my current bike. They were strong and occasionally squeaky. No problems to speak of. Easy to set up. Basically just set 'em and forget 'em.

Change pads occasionally.

The discs are better on the *really* long descents..........

-S.S.-

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
snipes287 said:
how much did you get them for?
free, we were sponsored by sram. and for a while by avid but i kept getting the srams. they worked just fine.
the only reason i'm not using them anymore is i'm going to disc