Quantcast

Anyone wanna ride from Telluride to Moab?

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Hey everyone...

I've been wanting to do this ride for the past couple years...check out the www.sanjuanhuts.com website. There's two different self-guided hut tours: one from Durango to Moab and the other from Telluride to Moab. Basically, you ride from hut to hut; each hut is fully stocked with sleeping bags, food, and water so you only have to pack your clothes. And it's fairly reasonable...about $550 for 7 days, 3 meals included.

How cool would it be to get a group of Monkeys together for this ride? What an adventure! I really want to do it, but none of my riding buddies down here seem all that interested.

Anyone game? :think:

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Early to mid is probably still pretty good...although late September there's always the chance it may snow a little bit. I was actually planning on trying to do it sometime between mid-August and mid-September.

What did you do to your knee?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I've had knee pain since October...just got a sharp pain one day while out on a long ride. I had xrays and an MRI done, accupunture, cortisone injections, physical therapy......still hurts tremendously and it's almost impossible to ride longer than 2 hours. Yesterday I went back for a re-evaluation and they recommended arthiscopic surgery to get in and see behind the kneecap. The thinking is there is a flap of cartilege or some bone damage on the back.

Hey, did you go to Sea Otter? If so, were you by any chance in the feedzone for the xc race?

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Heidi said:
I've had knee pain since October...just got a sharp pain one day while out on a long ride. I had xrays and an MRI done, accupunture, cortisone injections, physical therapy......still hurts tremendously and it's almost impossible to ride longer than 2 hours. Yesterday I went back for a re-evaluation and they recommended arthiscopic surgery to get in and see behind the kneecap. The thinking is there is a flap of cartilege or some bone damage on the back.

Hey, did you go to Sea Otter? If so, were you by any chance in the feedzone for the xc race?
Ouch! Sounds really painful...not to mention frustrating since I'm sure it limits your riding time!

Yes, I was at Sea Otter and was working the feedzone for Shep and Seamus. Were you there? I raced singlespeed this year. No more DH for me!

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
I'm game too...it sounds like a lot of fun if I can afford the plane fare plus trip. I do have plenty of vacation to use up by the end of the year...