Quantcast

Anyone want to drive cross country?

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
Ok, Im going to drive from SC to SoCal roundtrip on May 8-21. Im going to be hitting alot of places on the way to ride. Going to San Diego to Stone Brewery :headbang:then to Northstar for some dh. Ive got a hookup with some prime riding in SoCal. Guys name is Tani owns the Path bike shop.
Anyway I'm looking for someone to split the cost of gas. And can hit more stuff with two people driving. I have a 06 f150 manual long bed with camper shell, so enough room for 4bikes. Figure on some camping an such to keep cost low. It will be a kick azz time. Oh yeah need a disclaimer on this...not into any weird stuff, or drugs. Just want to see the country and ride my bike.
josh

Josh - that sounds like a really cool trip and should be a lot of fun. If I were you I would go with someone I got to know a little bit before you go cross country with a stranger. You may end up with the hitcher from the movie There's something about mary - If he starts talking about 6 minute abs, run :D

Another thing, I doubt Northstar will be open that early in May - I think they open up Memorial Day weekend?? You may want to check on it - maybe on their website. I'll be out there snowboarding next week and will try and get some info for you as well, but it should be on their site.

If there is anyway you can go later, say in June you would be able to hit a lot more trails and parks along your way in Colorado, Utah, Cali. There could likely be snow on the ground in may and most resorts will not start their park operations yet. If not, then Cali is going to be your best bet. You'll just go past a lot of great riding on the way.

Good luck with it, and post up a trip report on here or something when you go.

Crashtest

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
Yeah I would be wanting to get to know someone first, def. I rode with a guy from cali today who used to live near south lake near tahoe, he unloaded on me about northstar most likely being covered in snow in May. If thats so I don't want to just ride socal, i might have to look into postponing it till June. Dont want to waste it. thanks for the info.