Quantcast

Anyone want to go to Northstar this weekend?

R

Rabie

They've got pretty good rates on rooms+lift tickets, but it's double occupancy, and everyone I was going to go with is gay (well, one guy is hurt, so he's gay-exempt). So, anyone want to go? Mike D? Sanjay? ...Pegboy?

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Do I want to go, Yes. Can I go, No. I guess I am having another gay flare-up. If you don't go and want to ride local, let me know.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
well id totally go but i just went last weekend and im going again in 2 weeks. the rooms are huuuuge btw. we fit 4 people with bikes and gear comfortably
How much was the room? I am thinking of going sometime in late July or August. Gotta do it on the cheap.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ciaran said:
How much was the room? I am thinking of going sometime in late July or August. Gotta do it on the cheap.
Are you interested in a late August trip? I'm planning another one. Its too friggen hot to ride locally then :D

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Rabie said:
They've got pretty good rates on rooms+lift tickets, but it's double occupancy, and everyone I was going to go with is gay (well, one guy is hurt, so he's gay-exempt). So, anyone want to go? Mike D? Sanjay? ...Pegboy?
I just responded to your post in the DH forum. I just realized that I am going next weekend, not this coming up weekend.
I will be in Mammoth this weekend. I wanted to go to Northstar straight from there. When exactly are you planing to head up there.

R

Rabie

Metal said:
I just responded to your post in the DH forum. I just realized that I am going next weekend, not this coming up weekend.
I will be in Mammoth this weekend. I wanted to go to Northstar straight from there. When exactly are you planing to head up there.
I was hoping to drive up Friday, get there in the evening, ride all day Saturday and Sunday, leaving Sunday night. If it doesn't happen this weekend, though, I'd be down next weekend (assuming there are still enough trails open despite the race). Do you have any plans on where you'll be staying? I just assumed their deal on the room plus lift tickets and lunch for $59/person/night would be hard to beat, but if you're racing, you probably don't need the lift ticket...

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
btw- by the way! We got a cheap hotel w/ 2 beds and a couch for $100 a night during the race! but i dont think theres free lift tickets. there should still be a lot to ride even w/ the race!