Quantcast

Anyone want to help me get a FS 100 (Aka Chainreaction order)

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
My biggest want is a Tioga FS 100, 24". They cost $26, but shipping is $30 and thats a little steep for me, but if a few of us went together and split it would be more economical.

I don't know how we could distribute things, that would create more shipping charges, but I was hoping with a little help from some of you we could get something together.

I would be willing to be the hub, collect money via paypal, order, and disperse once we got it, just as long as I'm not getting stuck some unexpected costs.

I dunno, if anyone has another option of how to get the tires I'm all ears.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
i think the kenda is about the same weight. they are both single ply. i couldnt imagine there would be a huge or noticeable discrepency between then two. i ruine a pair of my 26in fs100s by running through million little thorns. i would love a pair but am having the same trouble you are finding someone who stocks them. im almost ready to buy a pair of kendas but the tiogas were the best street tires i have ever used

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
i wanted them for a long time too, heck, i still kinda do.
but those, the tabletops, the npjs; all too hard to get and just too expensive.
especially when i can get k-rads, kiniptions, and specialized tires for $15 a piece.

i still remember the first time i rode 26" fs100s on a tazer a few years back when they first came out. damn they were bomb in 2.3.

but still, cheaper tires means more money for beer!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Ok, let me put it this way then, for those of you interested (and not settling for other easier to find tires :-)), if I would put together an order, say $35 shipped anywhere in the lower 48, would anybody be interested? If we could get to a point where it would be more ppl it could be even less.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
if i were you guys i would hold your horses for these khe mac2's. i am in LOVE so nasty words cant even begin to describe them.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Cornfed, if getting that tire is any where as easy as getting a TT it would probably be pointless to consider. That said, it does look nice. And Dexter, your probably right. I have a Dirt Monster already for the back, that can probably tied me over till they come out.

Whatever, I'm still open to the ordering idea. I just have a hard time trusting the KHE in harsh situations, like street and hard landings on trails. Maybe if they came out with a street version I would feel better about it. I'll trust that you and the Tonic kids will trash them pretty well, by the time they come out maybe I'll feel a little better about it.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
looks like I should have thrown a stack in my suitcase when I returned from Japan around the holidays, haha. If you can wait until mid April, I may be able to bring some back.... but, by then I'm sure bigger and better things will make themselves more readily available.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Hey Bud, I got the rim yesterday, thanks a ton. I already ripped the stickers off and is ready to be laced up, when ever the hubs get here :rolleyes:
Excellent, glad I could help out. It actually got to you quicker than I expected, quicker than they quoted me on too. Yeah, I was ready to ditch the stickers too, but wasn't sure if I was even going to use the rim or not so I left it as is.
Well, it sounds like now you're waiting on hubs, which I've already got, but now I'm waiting on rims, which now you have, how ironic, haha!

You know, I've got one more FS100 sitting around, since I only use one on the back, but I think I'll just keep it around as a back up...

Try checking out the Schwalbe Crazy Bob tire too. Looks somewhat similar to the FS100 actually, but it's easily found here, and for cheap! look it up. may be heavy though, and I have no personal experience with one, but it looks alright.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
if they came out with the street tires in 2.3x26 i think i would bust a nut....then buy like 6 pairs

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Hey Bud, I got the rim yesterday, thanks a ton. I already ripped the stickers off and is ready to be laced up, when ever the hubs get here :rolleyes:
I have a stack of stocker 1.95 K-rads if you need something to get you by Jon. Come to think of it I have a couple 2.2 DMR Moto's too I could loan you if you'd like something bigger volume.

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
if it became a big order, i think i'd probably get in on it for a pair. well-put with the "settling for other easier to find tires"; that is exactly what i did!

the way these compounds are wearing (kind of badly) i feel like i'll need new tires by the time we get the order figured out. hah.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Tony, I might take you up on that offer, I'll just have to see how that Primo is on the back, I'm just a little nervous how small it will be. Dexter sent out that TT, so I know the front end is covered well.

If we would do an order I would probably get two tires right off the bat. If a few more of you wanted a pair as well we could be sitting pretty (and it might help shipping if I'm sending 2 instead of just one).

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
what sizes are you ordering? i need the 26in ones. i will take a pair if you guys arent just ordering the 24s

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I would grab those Ebay tires, thats a good situation. Otherwise, I don't care about what size the tires, or what we ordering for that matter. Chainreaction carries all sorts of crazy stuff.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Mmmk, we are up to 6, we just need 5 more, or not... I'm going to contact them and make sure they would have that many in stock.

Anyone else need anything else? It dawned on me I could have gotten my rims, tt, and this fs100, a couple other parts, and just done my order on my own, but thats ok.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Chainreaction has 9 tires in stock. Right now if I would order all 9 and divide it up evenly it would be around $35 a tire, perhaps slightly less if your ordering 2.

Quickfeet18, Mosplat, and anyone else who is interested PM me for sure and we will talk about getting money into my Paypal. I'm fine ordering 6 tires if you guys are.

Let me know by Wednesday.