Quantcast

Anyone want to join me up in Bellingham...

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Going up Saturday.Plan on riding Galbriath, Unless i can get some locals to show me something more Challanging but not super challanging. I was going to stay at Motel 6, But not at 60 bucks a night. So i will probably leave my Place at about 5 am for the 2 hour drive up. Anyone interested in playing guide or just wanting to ride. Let me know and i will PM you my cell number. I am going to do this ride rain or shine.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
You don't have to do the motel anyways. You can be there in about an hour it's hardly a road trip since it's a straight shot on I-5.
Galby actually sounds fun, if it stays dry i might wanna get out there this weekend too since my Greenwater shuttle plans are toast.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
KNine said:
Let me know if your want to go. I can meet you somewhere north to cruise up. It is easier for me to do the 167-405 to I5 route.
i sure will, i'll watch the weather, this is the time of year i want to do Galby dry or just head out to the other side of the mountains and get some killer dry singletrack out there. :D

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
galby is really fun nothing super challenging (except that 1 spine branch that thing was kinda funky) but everything is very doable. I dont suggest a full on downhill bike my .243 and enduro ran perfectly up there.

edinSvenson2

Chimp
Feb 10, 2004
I was just riding there yesterday. It was wet, but moderately fun still. If I was you, I'd push all the way to the towers (take a right past blue-rock and keep going up), ride Scorpion, then go ride Bob's. Its a lot of pushing, and Scorpion is pretty wet (I bet Bob's is too) - but its pretty fun and mellow.

Sorta lame on a 9" bike though. Heh.

Erin

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
KNine said:
Yeah i want to be up there at least 4-6 hours. No real hammering, just some good riding.
What does that mean? So you'll be parking on which side of the mountain? The best side for long rides is to start by going up ridge, cedar dust (has some good stunts on it now), death climb, up to towers, down wonderland, naughtie nellie, keystone, oly, then there are a few choices depending on time and where you want to go before going back down family fun to the top of ridge again. Should take about 4 hours depending on how fast you are. I can do that ride in much less than that, maybe about 3. But groups move slower. Let me know what's up.

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Well i am not fastest rider nor the best climber. Most time i have done the ride, we have taken the fire road up to the towers and worked our way down. I think once or twice i have ridden some of the lower trails. As for time it really does not matter how long the ride is. I have not been there in 2 1/2 so i want to enjoy it. I am going to try and be in Bellingham no later then 8am. Saturday