Quantcast

Anyone want to ride Douthat state park on Wednesday or Thursday?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I'm off both days and really want to get up to Douthat for a good long ride. Anyone else interested in going for one of these days?

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Dont know if you've ever ridden there, but it's infamous for pinch flats. Bring some extra tubes. The loop around the outside is a death inducingly long climb, but the downhill(5 to 6 miles) is well worth it. I think it's called blue suck falls. Sorry I cant join you though. I have a 15-17 page paper due friday.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
mud'n'sweat said:
I'm off both days and really want to get up to Douthat for a good long ride. Anyone else interested in going for one of these days?
I'm going up Thursday am. to camp with some I-friends.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Dartman said:
I'm going up Thursday am. to camp with some I-friends.
If you plan on riding, do you mind if I follow you down from Waynesboro (basically the i-64 and i-81 exchange)?

wannabeabonedoc said:
Dont know if you've ever ridden there, but it's infamous for pinch flats. Bring some extra tubes. The loop around the outside is a death inducingly long climb, but the downhill(5 to 6 miles) is well worth it. I think it's called blue suck falls. Sorry I cant join you though. I have a 15-17 page paper due friday.
Nice! I'll have some tubes, levers and pump with me. I'm definitely up for the climb. I hear the descent is one of the best in VA.