Quantcast

Anyone Watch Los Espookys On HBO?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Fuck ya though I still need to watch season two. The part when the chocolate prince punks the dentist had me in stitches.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Freaking HILARIOUS.
@slimshady @ALEXIS_DH , looking at you!
(produced by Fred Armisen and Lorne Michaels, great with English subtitles).
Funniest thing I have watched in a good long while.
I have it on my list, but somehow I kept skipping it. Good to know it's good, I'm in the hunt for a new show!!

EDIT: I REALLY enjoyed "Harina". It's short (8 chapters IIRC) but it's a wonderful work of Mexican comedy. Worth giving it a try if you find it (I watched it on Prime Video).

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The show is like Fred Armisen's subconscious collapsing into a singularity in a Mexican goth club. I think it loses steam as it goes on seasons, but there's far worse stuff out there to watch.

The credits music is always rad. "Calisto" by Hoffen was a great find.

We just finished season 2 of Russian Doll. Kind of started to feel a little obligatory towards the end but also not terrible.

As Letterkenny fans I felt obligated to start Shorsey; figured it'd be a terrible spinoff but it is better than it has any right to be. Wife is conflicted as she hates the character (outside of his role as an annoyance in the narrative, just doesn't like his bits) but loves the actor and the show probably grew more on her than on me.

Hoping for a solid new What We Do in the Shadows upcoming.

Tried Outer Range, slow but moody and who can resist a good Brolin in the West?

Watched The Peripheral on Amazon because it was one of the most compelling of William Gibson's more recent books, but they kind of lost what made the book that way, as always.

If you haven't watched Patriot on Amazon, get on that. Darkly, darkly comic espionage farce.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I watched (and enjoyed!) the first chapter of Los Espookys yesterday. I'll start watchng it with my wife today, she loves Mexican culture.

I've also watched and enjoyed Outer Range. Waiting eagerly for a second season.

Russian Doll was really enjoyable, even more with that dark, sarcastic sense of humor. The end felt a little held with bandaids, but it delivered.

I've also enjoyed the first (and olny) season of Night Sky. It was a bit slow most of the time, but in the end it was worth the watch.

Started The Wheel of Time but couldn't even finish the first chapter. On the other hand, as a LOTR fan and former RPG master, Rings of Power was amazing. I'm eagerly waiting for S2.

A lot of friends told I need to watch The Boys, but I somehow manage to forget about it all the time.

I'll take on the rest of the recommendations and report back in a while!