Quantcast

Anyone watch the WEC fight tonight?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I said "not many". Unlike the middleweight and light-heavy class were there are 30+ fighters.

I'm still waiting to see just how good "The Truth" is. He's looked good in a few fights so far, but hasn't faced too many dudes. Plus, Andre lost to Tim Silvia TWICE!
yeah but silvia's got heavy hands and that's it...he caught arlovski a couple of times. I'd love to see silvia get a little more serious about training, he's got the size, he just needs the skill

It disappoints me to see that the UFC has very little focus on the heavyweights...those are usually the big draws, and the ufc really focuses on the middle and light heavy categories.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
yeah but silvia's got heavy hands and that's it...he caught arlovski a couple of times. I'd love to see silvia get a little more serious about training, he's got the size, he just needs the skill

It disappoints me to see that the UFC has very little focus on the heavyweights...those are usually the big draws, and the ufc really focuses on the middle and light heavy categories.
The ONLY thing Silvia has is 142" reach. He's an ogre with no speed and no skills. He's like Shaq with even worse free throw percentage.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I said "not many". Unlike the middleweight and light-heavy class were there are 30+ fighters.

I'm still waiting to see just how good "The Truth" is. He's looked good in a few fights so far, but hasn't faced too many dudes. Plus, Andre lost to Tim Silvia TWICE!
Brandon "the Truth" Vera is a cool dude. Watched him train at City Boxing in SD a year or two ago. He's tall and lanky but he's quick too. Should be a good fight.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Brandon "the Truth" Vera is a cool dude. Watched him train at City Boxing in SD a year or two ago. He's tall and lanky but he's quick too. Should be a good fight.
He's young, fast, and seems to be good standing and on the ground. I hope he doesn't get too cocky. If he keeps training, he's the future of the heavy class. He doesn't have a ton of competition in that class, unless 205's get bored.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dude...I snuck in here at work just to tell you that I went Sunday night! It was awesome! Three rows back from the floor. It's a different fight when you are actually there...to hear the punches and kicks connect...kinda weird not to hear the commentary that you do when you watch it on tv...some of the earlier fights that were not televised were pretty good, too! The fights in the crowd weren't bad either! :clapping:
Awesome and to have great seats.... Were they high enough to see the whole ring? An old client of mine had ringsides at one of the big Vegas UFC events and hated it because he had a limited view of the other side of the ring which of course is where everything happened. The next one he went to, he sat farther back and was much happier.

I read that the untelevised stuff was really good as well. I suspect they taped it and we'll be seeing it on TV soon enough.

And on a completely unrelated aside, I saw and talked to one of your dream men a couple of weeks back.