Quantcast

Anyone work with a total shitheel?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Man I got this guy, and everyone does at their office. He's got the title creative director, and is the least creative motherfucker I've ever met. He's a nice dude and i've got zero against him personally but he is so fucking lazy and uncreative.

His day is literally spent watching youtube, facebook and vine videos. He doesnt get anything done I ask him for weeks. I have to sweat him to upload photoshoots and when he does have to opportunity to be creative he completely fucking chokes.

He's not my boss, he's not my equal, but Im not his boss so Im limited in being able to say listen motherfucker, Im tired of you being a useless turd get correct or kick rocks.

Here's to actually doing your job.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Man I got this guy, and everyone does at their office. He's got the title creative director, and is the least creative motherfucker I've ever met. He's a nice dude and i've got zero against him personally but he is so fucking lazy and uncreative.

His day is literally spent watching youtube, facebook and vine videos. He doesnt get anything done I ask him for weeks. I have to sweat him to upload photoshoots and when he does have to opportunity to be creative he completely fucking chokes.

He's not my boss, he's not my equal, but Im not his boss so Im limited in being able to say listen motherfucker, Im tired of you being a useless turd get correct or kick rocks.

He's probably posting the same stuff about you on his road biking forum.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Man I wish it were true. Every job has one, this one is the most irritating to me. For example: we're doing a calendar. Him and another guy are shooting the girls. He says I hate that other guys work I don't want him to shoot anything it wont match my artistic vision ( which he's never been able to actually formulate)

So I say. ok. BUT if you say this outloud there's 3 months to get 12 shoots done and I don't think you can do them all. He assures me its no problem he lives to shoot people. My due date for images is in 4 days. He's shot 2 motherfucking girls. Meanwhile I told the other dude to just shoot 12 girls. He aint gonna get jack shit done. and guess what he hasnt.

Meanwhile he's watching rap videos on youtube and not editing last nights shoot.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Could be worse. Someone who lacks creativity, possesses zero training in the arts, but highly motivated can be just as frustrating. Two of the current driving forces in this "Art's District" have brought the quality way down from years past. This place is turning into North Myrtle Beach. One of them is a retired marketing guy with absolutely no aesthetic sensibility what so ever, and the other one is a shady plumber who owns some property.

The plumber recently bought a building and renovated it. Which is a good thing as it has been sitting vacant for quite some time. But he opened an ice cream shop that sells shitty ice cream from a big box supplier. He named it the Rusty Bumper, seriously. No way in Hell I'm patronizing a food establishment with that name.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I had an utterly incompetent, lazy as fuck boss who happened to be the company founder, CTO and failed ex-CEO. What was the worst, he was a pathological liar living in some alternate reality. He was eventually removed but managed to do too much damage while he had the power.

Liars are the absolutely worst kind.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
We had an IT person who didn't know much about IT (whatever IT really is...). He finally retired.
IT basically creates policy & procedures, plus they implement tech that makes your network experience, whether local or world wide web, total shit & counter productive to getting work done.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Do you have a news letter I could subscribe to ?
No just some rules I would like to outline.

1) Anything worth doing is inversely not worth doing with a little imagination.

2) Don't do anything today that can possibly done tomorrow or the day after that. This saves so much energy....

3) If somebody offers to give you money for work before you actually do said work. Take it. Under no circumstance should payment ever be deferred. Ever.

4)

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
No just some rules I would like to outline.

1) Anything worth doing is inversely not worth doing with a little imagination.

2) Don't do anything today that can possibly done tomorrow or the day after that. This saves so much energy....

3) If somebody offers to give you money for work before you actually do said work. Take it. Under no circumstance should payment ever be deferred. Ever.

4)
You forgot #5.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I have already sent in my first "easy" payment of $153.33. After I make my 2 additional installments and pay for shipping and handling charges I may just sell #5 separately to all interested parties for $62.31

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have already sent in my first "easy" payment of $153.33. After I make my 2 additional installments and pay for shipping and handling charges I may just sell #5 separately to all interested parties for $62.31
Thats enough work for today. Go ride yer bike...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have 2 morons who work for me...neither is worth half a damn. One is a military retiree who prides himself on the 100% disability rating he has from the VA. Which he did nothing service related to get. Yet he still works, and I say "works" in the loosest form possible. I could train a monkey to do his job, and the monkey would smell better and work harder. Problem is that he has been there so long and all the other supervisors before me have put up with his idiocy. I have to take a 4 week civilian supervisor course so that I can start writing him up on the way to firing him. That will be my military legacy, getting this idiot fired.

The other is a spoiled princess who thinks she is deserving of every accolade imaginable, yet does nothing. She coordinates all kinds of volunteer opportunities for the unit, yet attends none, treats everyone like crap and yet wants to be put in for every award that comes along. Has deployed once, to a non combat area, and to hear her talk is the greatest AF Cop in ever. Notsomuch you needy bitch. Have had her in the office to talk about her attitude too many times, every time she says I got it I will do better blahblahblah. Yet last week she mouthed off to another SNCO who bitched to my chain of command, which rolled down and splattered on me, as soon as she left for the week. Tuesday she is done, and I am going to enjoy it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
when I was a Sales Manager, I had a customer on the line who wanted a product that was out of stock and had a short deadline. I told him that he should check with other suppliers. The CEO was walking by and overhead me. He butted in and said book it. I guarnatee I will get it in and ship on time. The bastard was always FOS. I documented his (CEO) comments in the order notes. Deadline passed, customer called CEO to complain and I got hauled before the CEO and GM where I got ripped by the CEO for lying to customers and creating false expectations. I let the SOB rant then pulled up the order and showed him the notation. I said anything else you want to try and blame me for? and just walked out of the meeting. GM came by and said that was mother beautiful. A few months later the entire staff just said eff it and we all walked on the same day.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Everyone works with people who get on our nerves - over the years I have learned who I can rely on and who actually gets the job done. I tend to spend my energy on those who are productive and support my objectives, in return I make sure credit is given to those who moved the mountain and never even mention those that have made themselves obstacles to my success. My response to shit heels is to not react since they are not worth my time or thought.

When a report comes to me with similar issues I always say something to the effect of "why let it bother you? Shit Heel has to live with himself 24 hours a day while you have the opportunity to limit your contact and minimize the impact he has on you - basically you won't be in control of the situation until you take control of your own reaction". Of course this is never what anyone wants to hear but facts are facts.