Quantcast

Anyone work with a total shitheel?

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
the guy who took over for me at work is a tool. i've tried to give him guidance as to what to do on certain things but he's so inexperienced he just pisses me off to no end. a small situation had happened and I stepped up to try and help, he got all butt hurt over it and i let him have it. told him flat out that he was just too stubborn to listen and learn and to notice when someone is trying to help and not steal his thunder. told him i was done trying to help him, he was on his own to learn what to do and he wasn't to ask me for any help at any time. the guys i work with are great, we have a great time busting balls to keep things light, but all it takes is for this guy to say one wrong thing and it just ruins the mood. i had stepped down on my own because it was just too much of a hassel dealing with stupid shit day in and day out. the only reason this guy took over was because he has no backbone to speak his mind with the owner like i did. he's just a puppet with the boss pulling the strings.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Work hard, save money. Work harder save more money. When you have enough money to live on without working, then quit working. If you don't buy a house until you're 45 and part with you're money all willy nilly on kids and vacations to Disneyland and the like, you can retire fairly wealthy... You can do it...

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'd give my left arm to get rid of some of the people in my office who would be upgrades if they only had shitty heels.

To be fair, my left arm is the one that's still partially paralyzed.

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
Work hard, save money. Work harder save more money............ you can retire fairly wealthy... You can do it...
Yes, you can. I worked in the corporate world for about 23 years. Shitheel's everywhere. More useless meetings and memos than I care to remember. Left in August '12 and haven't looked back. I now focus on a few small businesses and some rental property. I have NO co-workers, a very flexible schedule, a shed out back, and can start drinking at lunch if I want to. One day when I can hire an employee I will consider that huge success. Until then, I work alone.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
My boss just started copying and pasting my work with her signature in e-mails. Makes me feel so useful and appreciated. Starting to cc the next boss up whenever I send her crap. Maybe don't cc him if I just give her crap... hehehe

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My boss just started copying and pasting my work with her signature in e-mails. Makes me feel so useful and appreciated. Starting to cc the next boss up whenever I send her crap. Maybe don't cc him if I just give her crap... hehehe
What you do is BCC: the higher up. THen when he gets the EXACT same shit from her perhaps he will put two and two together...

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
What you do is BCC: the higher up. THen when he gets the EXACT same shit from her perhaps he will put two and two together...
Got it! And will do! I hope he does... she just doesn't want to be here anymore, so she dumps all of her work on me. It was cool when she said she was "training me for the job" but then she just gave me everything and talks to her bf all day... Whaddya gonna do? Keep on keepin' on! :rolleyes:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It looks like my new boss hired me to fix a bunch of stuff yet he is refusing to do any changes since "that was discussed a lot in the past and a conclusion that was made I don't want to change".

WTF you hired me for, then?

My last boss tried that. Once. I challenged him directly and it didn't happen again. Due to other behavioral issues I arranged to have him fired shortly after I returned to work in July of last year.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
This actually worked out a bit already... the building buyers were asking her ?'s about things I put together for them (that she had put her name on) and she couldn't answer the questions. It all came back around to me, and being the one with all the info, I also had the answers, saved the day, and they said "Thank you SKIBUNNY!" :)

This actually worked out a bit already... the building buyers were asking her ?'s about things I put together for them (that she had put her name on) and she couldn't answer the questions. It all came back around to me, and being the one with all the info, I also had the answers, saved the day, and they said "Thank you SKIBUNNY!" :)
So in studying to be the perfect political whore, one must consider visibility. If you're going to torpedo someone, how does it affect your goals if they find out? In this case, it sounds as though you finessed it properly.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
It looks like my new boss hired me to fix a bunch of stuff yet he is refusing to do any changes since "that was discussed a lot in the past and a conclusion that was made I don't want to change".

WTF you hired me for, then?
i was in the same boat where i currently am. make suggestions, get shot down. he bitches about one thing, i suggest a fix, no way. so trying to deal with that stupidity and other bull shit that goes on, i stepped down. now the idiot that replaced me deals with it. not a week goes by that he doesn't say to me "want your old job back?" i just laugh and say nope, it's all yours fucko!! LOL

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had two conference calls planned this morning. One with my boss and one with my project manager. Neither bothered to call in. They requested both meetings. Neither are responsive to calls, texts or emails. I need feedback from both of them to continue progress on my project. This is normal operating procedure here.. Eventually they will get back to me, with some poor excuse. I will be the one to have to work long days to make up for the delays.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
what are everyones thoughts on people being fired for slamming their boss/job on facebook? so the tool at my company suspended one of the guys for "disrespecting" him. kid got a bit boozed up and posted some crap on FB about what happened and had a few choice words about the tool. and another guy we work with had his own comments too. now they plan on firing the first guy while doing nothing to the second. only reason the tool found out was because he trolled FB and saw the comment. personally i think its BS. but this guy was pretty much going to leave if he wasn't transferred out of the warehouse. total drama fest today.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
While I was eating waffles. I asked for more butter. Shortly afterwards it was brought to me. I then ate the waffles and walked home and took a nap. I woke up at 2:30 and rode my bike.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I had two conference calls planned this morning. One with my boss and one with my project manager. Neither bothered to call in. They requested both meetings. Neither are responsive to calls, texts or emails. I need feedback from both of them to continue progress on my project. This is normal operating procedure here.. Eventually they will get back to me, with some poor excuse. I will be the one to have to work long days to make up for the delays.
my sister in laws world....a conference call that lasts two days.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
what are everyones thoughts on people being fired for slamming their boss/job on facebook? so the tool at my company suspended one of the guys for "disrespecting" him. kid got a bit boozed up and posted some crap on FB about what happened and had a few choice words about the tool. and another guy we work with had his own comments too. now they plan on firing the first guy while doing nothing to the second. only reason the tool found out was because he trolled FB and saw the comment. personally i think its BS. but this guy was pretty much going to leave if he wasn't transferred out of the warehouse. total drama fest today.
I would be very cautious about suspending or terminating a subordinate for something they wrote on facebook unless there was a condition of employment that specially prohibited making such comments in a social forum. I seriously doubt your company has any such condition as it would be next to impossible to enforce.

Facebook is pure heroin for those hooked on work place drama.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
fuck facebook. if you're stupid enough to air your life there then you get what you deserve.
i hear ya, but if your boss isn't a friend on FB and he trolls you to see what you post i don't think using that against you is right. what you say outside of the office is your business. what if your out with friends at a bar and you don't know your boss is there and somehow hears what your saying, should that be held against you? talking shit at work about boss/work is one thing, but outside is outside

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I've heard him rapping alot to Drakes rebuttal to that other rapper guy over some some shit. I dont know but he's playing it as if he's the only motherfucker in the room. It's a bunch of bullshit. Im going to play the locust for a week straight no headphones, loud as fuck.

I change my story. I hate him, professionally and personally.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i hear ya, but if your boss isn't a friend on FB and he trolls you to see what you post i don't think using that against you is right. what you say outside of the office is your business. what if your out with friends at a bar and you don't know your boss is there and somehow hears what your saying, should that be held against you? talking shit at work about boss/work is one thing, but outside is outside
facebook has these things called privacy settings. allows you to block people who aren't your friends from seeing your profile / posts.