Quantcast

Anything cheaper like DNA

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
try santa cruz, speaking from experience, I'm 6'1. You shouldn't need a big frame, small frames are better, you'll get used to it, and love it!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I am their with you man. I am 6'3" and when i ride a p.1, i hit my knees on the bars. Its annoying, so i think i might buy the Azonic Steelhead Pro XL. Its a good price too.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
yea i herd the steelhead is good too also if u look at wheel world they have good prices on the kona's. and what about the other soul frame the loki i view that one as more urban park and the titan as more of a hartail freeride.

the loki has
Recommended Fork Length
80-100mm

Head Angle

Headset
1 1/8

Seat Angle

Seatpost Size
27.2mm

Top Tube Length Measured Center To Center
21.3"

Wheelbase
1043mm

Chainstay Length
419mm

Bottom Bracket Width
73mm

Bottom Bracket Height
12.5"

Disc Brake Mount Spacing
51mm IS

Rear Axle Spacing
135mm

Rear Axle Diameter
10mm

Maximum Tire Clearance
2.5+

Standover At Midsection Of Top Tube And Forward Of Seat Tube
27" 25"

Weigh
4.8lbs

B

bigkonarider

Soul cycles Titan looks perfect !
If my 4x bike- Haro Extreme doesn't get it done,then it's the TITAN !
werd.......

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
rpk1988 said:
I am their with you man. I am 6'3" and when i ride a p.1, i hit my knees on the bars. Its annoying, so i think i might buy the Azonic Steelhead Pro XL. Its a good price too.
I know what you mean. I'm barely 6' and I hit my knees on the bars of my LONG P1. I think it just takes a little bit of technique (not being so far forward when you pedal), because small bikes are fun.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I have a Titan and love it, but when I first started riding it I would bash my knee on the stupid screw on my bke levers, but now I don't even come close to it.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
black noise said:
I know what you mean. I'm barely 6' and I hit my knees on the bars of my LONG P1. I think it just takes a little bit of technique (not being so far forward when you pedal), because small bikes are fun.
Small bikes are fun because they are easy to control. But i can jump on a small bike fine but when i try to pedal, my knees either hit or come close. And I look huge when I am riding that thing. Haha. I can also get the steelhead at a pretty good price too so I'm in for that.

B

bigkonarider

Steelheads are good deals..
But also it has 7# weight & steep HA..
I think the TT is 22.25" XL.. That's why i am not getting one.
Specs on most Azonic frames are a secret !Unless you find a hardcopy catalog !!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
bigkonarider said:
Steelheads are good deals..
But also it has 7# weight & steep HA..
I think the TT is 22.25" XL.. That's why i am not getting one.
Specs on most Azonic frames are a secret !Unless you find a hardcopy catalog !!
Actually I think it tells you the specs on the website. haha

B

bigkonarider

NOPE, guess they want you to ask a dealer ,it's just stupid ?! :mumble:
Thanks for all the input . Sunday will be the test on the 19.5" Haro !-but i'm 6'2" & can still stay low with the seat slammed --i hope !
:monkey:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I have made up my mind about 95% that I am going to get a Steelhead (depending on the weekend) with a DJ3. For the frame, its an awesome price. I believe the top tube on the Pro XL is 22.5. I think I am better off to go with that because small frames are just too...small for me being at 6'3". Whatever you get and build, you must post picutres, I will do the same if my ideas go through.

heyzues

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
dude if you really want a large sinister dna check out this. it is legit. Former owners have the frames and Frank will hold up to all the warranties from previous years so good luck.
HTML:
http://www.nemba.org/yabbse/index.php?board=26;action=display;threadid=5544

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
The identiti Dr. Jekyl XL is pretty long, Im too lazy to look up the geo right now but it's something to check out. The bike does have a very high BB though.