Quantcast

Anything in Nothern Idaho?

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
You could make the 2 or shorter hour drive over to Schweitzer.
Schweitzer is a joke. One trail: the NORBA DH course. As far as I know, they have made no improvements or additions beyond that.

But there is supposed to be a lot of great riding around the rest of the Sandpoint area.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Silver Star is in BC, Silver Mt is Kellogg.

If you are looking for XC riding (??) great singletrack epics along the N Fk CDA River; Bernard Peak is a great singletrack ride that some folks shuttle outside of Hayden; Gold Hill with it's 52 switchbacks is a blast if you like subtle torture. Farragut has a lot of fun trails, not real hard but scenic.

Minor Threat is right about Schweitzer - one DH trail and a bunch of service roads.

Sand point riding:
http://www.pendoreillepedalers.com/

Backcountry singletrack on the CDA River
http://www.fttrc.org/rides/cdariver.cfm

Beacon in Spokane is pretty hot and dry right now, I'm sure someone here can update you on the conditions of Beacon and Mt. Spokane.

pink46

Chimp
May 28, 2006
spokane
the old Norba downhill course is all messed up. the lower tree section has all been thinned out and logged, and now that they are putting a new chairlift up the middle part of the course will probably be getting destroyed as well

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Silver Star in Vernon BC Canada is SWEEEEEET. Id say its a pretty close #2 to Whistler. Im heading there for a few days this week.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Silver Star in Vernon BC Canada is SWEEEEEET. Id say its a pretty close #2 to Whistler. Im heading there for a few days this week.
Say, Kanter, didn't you do a whole northern swing last year? Did you hit Sun Peaks? I'm curious about their trail system. I was up for the Masters Worlds in Sept. but had to spend all my mountain time learning the DH course and never got a chance to play on the other trails :disgust: