Quantcast

Apathy

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I hope I don't come off sounding like a jerk but I've really begun to not care about what happens around the world, wether it be the london bombings, the US in Iraq, or the hurricane hitting the US.

Am I the only one?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
you sound american.

if it doesn't effect you directly, why should you care?

I know people that live their daily life completely unaware of what is going on around the world and even in their own city. they don't watch news, read the paper or look at news type sites online. they go to work, come home and that's about it.

why not I say? they seem happy enough....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I would say
that
is
normal.
I really don't give to schits about anything on TV or in print.

Hey how'd your property dispute go? PM me!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pnj said:
you sound american.

if it doesn't effect you directly, why should you care?

I know people that live their daily life completely unaware of what is going on around the world and even in their own city. they don't watch news, read the paper or look at news type sites online. they go to work, come home and that's about it.

why not I say? they seem happy enough....
It all just seems like more disinformation that actual information.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
I really don't give to schits about anything on TV or in print.

Hey how'd your property dispute go? PM me!
Screw the PM.

I just signed and said no. Have neighbors that are extremely bent out of shape and have lawyers waiting in the shadows as things progress. I'm going to just let them do their thing and then say me too when the time comes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Screw the PM.

I just signed and said no. Have neighbors that are extremely bent out of shape and have lawyers waiting in the shadows as things progress. I'm going to just let them do their thing and then say me too when the time comes.
gottcha!

Good luck with all that and keep me up to date if anything happens.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
stosh said:
It all just seems like more disinformation that actual information.
yep. and it's non-stop.

they can turn not much, into the biggest thing in the world. granted, if your living in florida or london right now, it may be the biggest thing in your world.....

my sister in law takes the tube everyday and was in one of the stations an hour before it blew up. my father in law worked for many years in the world trade center buildings. it's all realative to some degree.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pnj said:
yep. and it's non-stop.

they can turn not much, into the biggest thing in the world. granted, if your living in florida or london right now, it may be the biggest thing in your world.....

my sister in law takes the tube everyday and was in one of the stations an hour before it blew up. my father in law worked for many years in the world trade center buildings. it's all realative to some degree.
Yeah I live 1hr from NYC so I knew quite a few people there on 9/11...

Before I posted this thread I tried to think about thoes events... and at the time it was pretty intense... now I'm just sick of people with window stickers on their cars.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
yea, for the most part, I don't care about what's outside my little bubble of reality. For me, a big part of it is because I get sick of all the negativity... that's why I don't watch the news or read the papers.

I try to stay moderately informed about politics and whatnot, but general news is so depressing. Plus, it's always got a slant or an angle... there's always a spin.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I care.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I care.

Of course, caring w/ out action is the same as not caring in some regards, so technically I care, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't give a f*ck - action wise anyways.

It's really hard to take action when all those other people taking action are a bunch of assholes. Who wants to hang with them?

BTW - this coffee I'm drinking right now is damn good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
H8R said:
I care.

Of course, caring w/ out action is the same as not caring in some regards, so technically I care, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't give a f*ck - action wise anyways.

It's really hard to take action when all those other people taking action are a bunch of assholes. Who wants to hang with them?

BTW - this coffee I'm drinking right now is damn good.
I just finished the 2nd 1/2 of a Prosciutto, roasted red peppers, and cheese sandwich.
It was freaking good!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I sometimes have the TV on as background noise, and yesterday there was a show on about all these movie stars, etc buying island property and in some cases complete islands.......... it kind of sickened me...$30 million for say a carribean vaction place, plus no one else can enjoy the beauty of that place being they own the whole F'ing island.

whatever

I pretty much agree w/Stosh - this world is too too big & too F'ed up for me to spend my time caring

lately: "I just want to have a little fun before I die" is my motto

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
I just finished the 2nd 1/2 of a Prosciutto, roasted red peppers, and cheese sandwich.
It was freaking good!!!
Prosciutto is heavenly. When I was in Brazil the hotel restaraunt had a salad/sandwitch bar with prosciutto. I would make these huge meaty sandwiches that would cost at least $20 here in the states.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Some of the crap going on in the world really bugs me. But when it really comes down to it as long as my friends and family are safe, healthy, well fed and happy I could care less.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
and then this morn there was a lady on the news all "boo hoo, My house just burned down - what am I going to do"...........and supposedly she had no home insurance, ok so that means the house had was paid for/had no mortgage payments

ok so you don thave to pay for a mortgage and you dont bother spending $35 a month for insurance??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Prosciutto is heavenly. When I was in Brazil the hotel restaraunt had a salad/sandwitch bar with prosciutto. I would make these huge meaty sandwiches that would cost at least $20 here in the states.
The thing I miss when I leave NY for vacations and stuff is our deli meats.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
"A Is For Apathy"

I wanna be
The richest American
I wanna live
Out on the street

So many reasons
To just do nothing
To walk around
Like you're out on your feet

So here we are
Now running in circles
We shoulda listened
To H.G. Wells

We're living in
The age of frustration
We're giving in
But we can't even tell

And all you need
Is one good reason
One good reason
You don't believe

You want a mapped out
Blank Existance
So you don't feel stupid
Before you leave

Everybody's here but nobody showed up

A is for apathy
For apathy
For apathy

A is for apathy
For apathy
For apathy

For apathy
for apathy
For apathy

For apathy
for apathy
For apathy

I wanna be
The richest American
I wanna live
Out on the street

So many reasons
To just do nothing
Don't walk around
Like your out on your feet

Everybodys here but nobody showed up
Everybodys here but nobody showed up

A is for Apathy
For Apathy
For Apathy

A is for Apathy
For Apathy
For Apathy

Just do nothing

A is for Apathy
For Apathy
For Apathy

A is for Apathy
For Apathy
For Apathy

A is for Apathy
For Apathy
For Apathy

A is for Apathy
For Apathy
For Apathy

(Green says go
Blood red stop
You gotta hit the bottom
Before you hit the top

So make the call
Which side you on
Back with the weak
Go down with the strong)

(Do you understand
Its not too late!)

By coincidence, they played for $15 last night in Towson at the Recher Theater. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
llkoolkeg said:
"A Is For Apathy"

BLAH BLAH BLAH

By coincidence, they played for $15 last night in Towson at the Recher Theater. :thumb:

Is that a Green Day song? :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
H8R said:
I care.

That's pretty much where I am. Theoretically I "care" but I've got too much else going on to do much. What gets me is people proselytize about this or that but not doing anything about "whatever it is."

I guess talking about it helps. :rolleyes:

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
My job requires me to care about disasters, I have found the best thing to do is not make a big deal out of every incident, but instead try to learn what you can from it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
llkoolkeg said:
Powerman 5000

I thought for sure, SOMEONE here would recognize that song. :think:
I think I'm the only person on RM that's on a DVD with those guys...

:think: