Quantcast

Ape Canyon/Plains of Abraham Beta?

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Anyone have info/advice on this ride? Me and Oxygen77 are thinking about doing it this weekend.... I tried to do a search on it and didn't really come up with much.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
Anyone have info/advice on this ride? Me and Oxygen77 are thinking about doing it this weekend.... I tried to do a search on it and didn't really come up with much.
Ask Skookum....he is the trail master :thumb:

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Skookum said:
stop by for a visit, i'll let you borrow the Zilly book that's all you'll need. And a forest pass.....
Will do... maybe I'll drop off some DVD's and such too. I'll give you a call.

BTW - you need a trainer? I've got a stationary trainer if you need to use one when you get the cast off.

Teague

Chimp
May 31, 2002
Olympia WA
Just rode it yesterday. It's pretty straight forward. First few miles are a straight climb to the plains of... abraham? or something like that. The climb is mostly under the trees and on a nice trail so it's a workout without being obnoxious. Once you top out at the plains it's a tradeoff, the trail flattens out, but it gets a little rocky and loose. The plains are at a decent elevation and offer no shade so you might plan on bringing sweat proof sunscreen and a lot of water. Nice views from the plains. The descent from the plains is a blast just watch out for hikers and their dogs. There is a great swimming hole a little ways outside of battleground, M---- Falls park or something. Fastest way to cool off if you're going somewhere by there on the way out.