Quantcast

Apparel shopping - sizing hell

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have been trying to find some bike apparel. I first tried to find what I was looking for in shops here in NYC but the selection is really disappointing. Now I have been trying to find stuff online and it almost seems like everything I order the sizing is way off. Example I ordered bibs and I am 6'1" and even the XL were too short in the upper body. I have tried to call the manufacturer and also check their sizing charts but not good. I think they have monkeys for designers :rant:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i feel your pain. When I was ordering my POC gear, some of the sizing charts were dead on. But some of it must have been measured/written by Hunter Thompson. The recommended size spine protector for me was an L/XL, but I was swimming in it! I wound up with a S/M. Knee/elbow pads were spot on tho.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I have been trying to find some bike apparel. I first tried to find what I was looking for in shops here in NYC but the selection is really disappointing. Now I have been trying to find stuff online and it almost seems like everything I order the sizing is way off. Example I ordered bibs and I am 6'1" and even the XL were too short in the upper body. I have tried to call the manufacturer and also check their sizing charts but not good. I think they have monkeys for designers :rant:
Pull up your balls.

Apr 24, 2010
On my laptop
ok we are going to help you what is your waist and inseam ? do have a gut? no weird comments but men with guts should not wear bibs ? what is your primary use for this gear ?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Bibs? Wrong forum, dude (unless you mean Dainese Vikings). :) I know what you mean, though- sizes vary considerably between manufacturers. I like bibs but run into issues due to my skinny legs and sizing that's all over the place. I'm a bit over 5'9" and about 165 lbs and on some mediums the leg grippers float around a bit, some are too tight, while some larges fit great...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bibs? Wrong forum, dude (unless you mean Dainese Vikings). :) I know what you mean, though- sizes vary considerably between manufacturers. I like bibs but run into issues due to my skinny legs and sizing that's all over the place. I'm a bit over 5'9" and about 165 lbs and on some mediums the leg grippers float around a bit, some are too tight, while some larges fit great...
Yes, it should have been in the road forum. I was just so pissed off last night of when I got another wrong item. This was even shipped directly from Pearl Izumi. 6'1" and 158lbs so bibs are not a problem but I have ordered jackets and other stuff which was all off.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Yes, it should have been in the road forum. I was just so pissed off last night of when I got another wrong item. This was even shipped directly from Pearl Izumi. 6'1" and 158lbs so bibs are not a problem but I have ordered jackets and other stuff which was all off.
the size of your cack and bulz must be taking up too much space.:thumb:

Last edited:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I'm 6' 1" about 165 and Medium bibs usually are spot on, jerseys on the other hand have always been a little more difficult. Mediums are the right size around my torso but aren't quite long enough, and larges are the right length but have way too much material and are baggy around the torso. My newest kit is from hincapie, it's medium/medium and the fit couldn't be better.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I will try an focus on fewer brands and better get to know their sizing. Pearl Izumi is my favorite. They just send me a new jersey through their life time warranty which was 10½ years old.