Quantcast

Apple iOS 4 - anyone upgrade?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
OS4.1 doesnt seem any faster on my 3G. a few things are slightly faster, like loading/opening messages (texts) but nothing significantly better
-havent tried pandora for long to see if its anymore stable.
-safari on wifi is also a bit faster, but never really had a issue with it being slow on previous OS's

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Wozniak says Android is the solution - will own iOS soon:

Engadget said:
Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak, has never been one to mince words. Today's no different as demonstrated in an interview with the Dutch-language De Telegraaf newspaper in The Netherlands. The first revelation is an admission that Apple had collaborated with a well-known Japanese consumer electronics company in 2004 to develop a phone that was ahead of its time. Woz is quoted as saying that while Apple was content with the quality, it "wanted something that could amaze the world." Obviously, the phone was shelved followed by Apple's announcement of the iPhone in January 2007.

Woz then moved on to the topic of Android saying that Android smartphones, not the iPhone, would become dominant, noting that the Google OS is likely to win the race similarly to the way that Windows ultimately dominated the PC world. Woz stressed that the iPhone, "Has very few weak points. There aren't any real complaints and problems. In terms of quality, the iPhone is leading." However, he then conceded that, "Android phones have more features," and offer more choice for more people. Eventually, he thinks that Android quality, consistency, and user satisfaction will match iOS.

Steve closed the interview with a jab at Nokia calling it, "the brand from a previous generation" suggesting that the boys from Finland should introduce a new brand for a young consumer. Hmm, so we guess he'll be in line for the launch of the MeeGo-based N9 then?

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I really like my iphone, having said that, if I could have gotten an Android phone with comparable hardware 3 months ago, I would have done that. Locked into AT&T via a family plan, however.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ordered and Iphone4 for the wife and I. Would have had it yeaterday but ATT could not undertand the difference between shipping and billing address. Going through the options out there it was the best phone for me. This is my first "smart phone" and I have waited a while as I did not see the need but I miss a a smarter phone more and more.

I am pretty exicted about the GPS option and general map as I do not have any GPS but I am not sure if it will do everything I need.