Quantcast

Apple news re: lawsuit

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
the Inbred said:
and them flash-based iPods are supposed to be announced today (it's thursday, right?)
I would like to see how they claim that is innovative. The first commerical mp3player ever (from Diamond/Rio) was a flash-based player and it came out in the 90s...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
syadasti said:
I would like to see how they claim that is innovative. The first commerical mp3player ever (from Diamond/Rio) was a flash-based player and it came out in the 90s...
...and I had one, at a whopping 16mb :D

J

JRB

I am going to sue the next person I see scratching their balls.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i don't think they're claiming it's innovative. just cheaper than a HD based iPod with the Apple name and look. that'll be enough to capture many folks. i also read that the iPod mini was gonna get bumped to 5Gs to avoid clashing with the 1 and 2G flash-based iPods.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
the Inbred said:
i don't think they're claiming it's innovative. just cheaper than an iPod with the Apple name and look. that'll be enough to capture many folks.
Yay for the ignorant masses :D

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Hey george mason thats where i goto school. btw who gives a **** if they were forced to buy the best mp3 player out :p

J

JRB

konabumm said:
sue me then
I can't see you doing it. Now if I had said, "I'm going to sue the next dumb ass that posts up about some hot chick with garters on RM and then provides no pics", then you would have been in danger. :think:

"Lawsuit claims Apple violates law with iTunes

SAN FRANCISCO - An unhappy iTunes on-line music store customer is suing Apple Computer Inc., alleging the company broke antitrust laws by only allowing iTunes to work with its own music player, the iPod, freezing out competitors, court filings showed. "

Unless you are on a MAC, the only thing that ITUNES freezes is Windows. SOOO many people have problems with it. If my ipod worked with Napster, I'd use that instead - so what's he complaining about? :stupid:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
MtnBikerChk said:
"Lawsuit claims Apple violates law with iTunes

SAN FRANCISCO - An unhappy iTunes on-line music store customer is suing Apple Computer Inc., alleging the company broke antitrust laws by only allowing iTunes to work with its own music player, the iPod, freezing out competitors, court filings showed. "

Unless you are on a MAC, the only thing that ITUNES freezes is Windows. SOOO many people have problems with it. If my ipod worked with Napster, I'd use that instead - so what's he complaining about? :stupid:
Itunes actually works with a very small portion of other players but does for the most part lock out other users and controls 80% of the market which is why he is claiming its a monopoly...

Not to mention they locked Real's music content out the iPod with a recent firmware update which is a monopolistic practice...