Quantcast

Apple's (Doomed) Tablet - Old man yells at icloud

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The president of the Tibet society says doing nothing is horseshit, he actually knows what he's talking about.

"China has concluded that it can simply ignore the norms of international behaviour, and its muscle and money will allow it to get away with it. Unfortunately, to date, they have been proved right."

Keep buying and supporting companies that do the wrong thing with taxes and slave labor and things will never change. Mindless consumers are the other half of the problem.
Did I say nothing should be done? No. china's hatred of Tibet goes back at least 70 years. The conflict b/w them is nothing new.
Nearly everything you touch, every single day, has something made in China inside of it. Get off your high fvcking horse

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Think different, think again

Throwaway products incremental updated every year for maximum profits, minimal sustainability - they set the bar for electronics and everyone is racing to the bottom. Style and marketing over corporate responsibility:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/source-apple-will-fight-right-to-repair-legislation

Like price control on their products, also illegal:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/warranty-void-if-removed-stickers-are-illegal

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/source-apple-will-fight-right-to-repair-legislation

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When I learned about John Deere, I was blown away.

John Deere has gone as far as to claim that farmers don’t own the tractors they pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for, but instead receive a “license to operate the vehicle”. They lock users into license agreements that forbid them from even looking at the software running the tractor or the signals it generates.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
GM has been saying the same thing for years too
But GM provides a port and many companies make tools to use it. They may not like it, but it isn't a protected scam like it is for the tractors. I can understand wanting your equipment to be serviced by a competent service provider and not some shade tree mechanic, but to legally prevent them from it is another matter all together.

The idea that I pay a half million bucks for something and I don't own it is crazy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I bought a 5th gen iPad recently. It is nice. Couldn't justify the scratch for the Pro at effectively twice the price.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
But GM provides a port and many companies make tools to use it. They may not like it, but it isn't a protected scam like it is for the tractors. I can understand wanting your equipment to be serviced by a competent service provider and not some shade tree mechanic, but to legally prevent them from it is another matter all together.

The idea that I pay a half million bucks for something and I don't own it is crazy.
going back at you, using the same logic.

the idea of legally preventing someone from "leasing" you something you will never own for half a million dollar, is another matter all together.