Quantcast

April 23..........northstar Closes For Winter Operations

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
1 month, they should open earlier, I'm down to ride in snow...and we all know it isn't because they will be cutting new trails.

-Ryan

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
you think they'll be open in a month? i put money down that they won't be.
i will then take those winnings and by myself some tasty snacks at T's Rotisserie. i heart T's rotisserie after a day of riding a n*.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I called those ****wits, hopefully it'll work out that they give you the gig.

Do they stay open into August? I think I am going to come back and contaminate the gene pool for a week or ten days in early August.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Tattooo said:
Do they stay open into August? I think I am going to come back and contaminate the gene pool for a week or ten days in early August.
yep. they closed last year at the end of september(or maybe it was the first week of October). I forget. either way you're safe.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Nice! I see the Demo, the Nomad and the Morewood making a trip to Reno this summer.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I just heard froma good bro of mine who recently moved to Tahoe. Apparently he works for the same company who runs N*, and the same one who is heading all the development in the area. He was super bummed cause he just bought a new Transition.... then heard through inside channels that they were planning to bag the summer operations due to all the current construction.
I hope this is a bad company rumor as I wanted to check it out this year.

Disclaimer: This is not for sure... nor am I stating this true. Just figured I'd let you know what I heard through the grapevine.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
Yeah sounds right - dont forget they're buliding a $100 million plus Ritz-Carlton resort mid-mountain....we're more of a nuisance than a revenue stream.......so.....I wouldnt count on too much love this summer on Mt Pluto.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ride said:
I just heard froma good bro of mine who recently moved to Tahoe. Apparently he works for the same company who runs N*, and the same one who is heading all the development in the area. He was super bummed cause he just bought a new Transition.... then heard through inside channels that they were planning to bag the summer operations due to all the current construction.
I hope this is a bad company rumor as I wanted to check it out this year.

Disclaimer: This is not for sure... nor am I stating this true. Just figured I'd let you know what I heard through the grapevine.

Same lame ass rumors that were around the end of the season last year.