Quantcast

April Asheville comp...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Haven't heard anybody mention it lately. Just making sure everything is still a go. Is there a web site with the official announcement of the comp? I was going to post it on smallbrowndog.com if there is...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Actually, I got some info today for the smallbrowndog guys, well anyone for that matter:

Announcing the 4th annual Asheville Urban Street Competition Saturday April 30th. There will be an entirely new format this year. Head-to-head dual racing on exact matching courses narrowing into one course halfway down. The course will feature car jumps, berms, skinnies, a water box, teeters, box jumps, a spine, dastardly placed railroad ties, and wallrides of course. One wallride will be a big box truck and a couple of the skinnies will be upwards of 9ft elevated. Afterwards there will be a freestyle jump contest over a big landscaping plot. Racing, street style, north shore, and speed trials skills will be in effect. Previous contestants include Aaron Chase, Jeff Lenosky, Kyle Ebbett, Anson Wellington, George Ryan, etc. Cash prizes will be available, of course. No pre-registration, day of only $20. Single elimination format with consolation rounds. Amateur and Pro classes will be run.

Any questions or anyone looking to volunteer to help set up/tear down, general comments and the like can be directed to
events@libertybikes.com

Thanks,

Jeff Baucom
Events Coordinator
Liberty Bicycles
events@libertybikes.com
828-274-2453

***I'm too lazy to see if this has already been posted or not...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I don't really know who anybody is at the shops sponsoring the comp. I'm just an old redneck from Lincolnton that's missed this event the last three years in a row. I definitely want to check it out this year. Doesn't look like it is being hyped near as much this year as previous years...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
los jefes said:
It is still happening. April 30th. I will send you a description of the course if you would like to post it. It would be great if you could. We are having some difficulties getting a webpage up for it. You can check for it on www.mountainsportsfestival.com. It will be there when it is up. Any other questions can be directed to events@libertybikes.com
jeff, whats up holmes, sorry i havent gotten back to ya, i have been real busy helping get this program off the ground. however i should be available in the evening this month so i'll give ya a call. if people wanna come up and help build they are more than welcome to stay at my place in exchange for some building.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
We had a pretty big ride at Planet Zod's yesterday. About 10 showed up, unfortunately we lost one to the ER but he's alright now. At least five or six people spoke up at that ride and said they'd be at the comp. That's about 12 people total that's told me they were going so it looks like L-town should have a good showing. I can't wait!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
corey_dcstreet said:
holy crap. no idea this was back on, i'd already written it off for the year... :thumb:
werd dog. i have to work friday and sunday but ya know my place is open to all and i have a futon in my spare room now.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn man which bones did he break?tell him i send him my best. also he can get back to riding sooner if he has the therapist make him a brace that he can wear when riding.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
thank you for posting one more reason for me NOT to street ride. What the heck did he do? And will he heal quickly or have a mechanical monstrosity taht sets off metal detectors like Biggins?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:
thank you for posting one more reason for me NOT to street ride. What the heck did he do? And will he heal quickly or have a mechanical monstrosity taht sets off metal detectors like Biggins?
he broke his in the woods ya silly freak. ;)

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
out at my place aka Planet Zod..........

It was a total fluke, looks like his front wheel just washed out.......there are things out there with far more potential to get hurt on that's for sure. The ground is soft as butter out there so I couldn't believe it when he was actually hurt. I don't know the details of the break but I do know that he ended up with 2 ti plates and 14 screws in this arm.......but the surgeon told him he would regain full motion!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
he must have broken the radius bone, broke the top of it off. judging by the placement of his hand with the break.