Quantcast

Aptos Jumps a mud hole?

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
How well do the Aptos jumps dry after the rain? I am heading into the area this weekend and I'm looking for a place to jump that is not under water.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
How is the new spot? Anything good sized? How does it compare to Calabazas over the summer? Anything like Camel? Quads? 20 Sack? Betty to Vegas? Hip? I've heard so many mixed reviews about the place.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
the rythem is close, its a 12pack, fairly steep..... (lip to lip mainly) then a nice four pack (Quads) in the middle that is pretty decent. a few berms, and couple of smaller lines complete it. For being legit, its pretty damn nice. It only has about an 1/8 of the space cali does. Its ok though, because a berm, and a nice big dirt roll-in help you get speed. I've jumped there a few times, but I personally like a different set of trails better, mainly because there are a few more lines, and I can ride there from my house in much less time.

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
We rode at Aptos and it was pretty muddy and hard to maintain speed on the rhythms because of the soft ground. We ended up at another set of trails in Aptos that were much bigger.

Cameron McCaul showed up we jumped there for about 3 hours. It was amazing watching someone like Cameron throwing down no-handers and backflips and yet is really down to earth -- no ego. A lot of the riders there really now how to flow.

Though my ability is no where near that level I really stepped it up that day and had a great time.