Quantcast

AR Series Race #3 - Old Post Challenge

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hot.

Hot, hot, f'ing HOT!!!

Russellville, AR. The course: uphill to start, uphill for the first 3rd of the race, then nice smooth twisty single track for the rest. Temps were hot!

Milling about smartly waiting for my class to start in my RideMonkey jersey:

The start.....!

MizN8 snaps a MONEY SHOT on one of the few downhill sections... don't worry there is more climbing right around that corner... :(

Another podium finish sans beer. Here I am getting my 3rd place plaque..

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
If u dorks would come racing u'd be able to oggle all the MTB girlies you wanted... These women don't stay home all weekend watching boring assed sports on tv.

:rofl:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Don't you feel like you cheated a little bit?

I mean, you were riding a 29er, the other people only had normal bikes.

Seriously, congrats!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I use contacts sometimes if the weather is bad. But they are a pain. They dry out on the first couple miles of the ride usually and I have to blink like mad to keep them from bugging the crap out of me... I've also had them blow out of my eye on downhill sections when I've ridden without sunglasses on.... that's fun; riding with one eye in focus... :dead:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sounds like you could try another brand of contacts...i've been using them for biking over 12 years and never had a problem.

i was toying w/ the laser surgery but don't feel like spending the coin.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
sounds like you could try another brand of contacts...i've been using them for biking over 12 years and never had a problem.

that's the only way to do it right....

J

JRB

narlus said:

:stupid: and I am scared. I wear mine anytime I am likely to get overly sweaty. Sweat on my glasses drives me nuts. I did a 12 hour race wearing glasses when it rained and I hit a tree.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I've been wearing contacts since 1984 and never had a problem like that.............been mountain biking for 10 years and as long as I wear sunglasses (the more wrap around the better) I've never had a problem.

Well done on your finish N8.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Andyman_1970 said:
I've been wearing contacts since 1984 and never had a problem like that.............been mountain biking for 10 years and as long as I wear sunglasses (the more wrap around the better) I've never had a problem.

Well done on your finish N8.

thx!

So why wear contacts and then wear glasses over them...???

:p

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
BurlyShirley said:
Nice. I need an XC bike. Anyone need a bullit? Seriously.

Mmmmm ... Bullit :drool:.

I still lust for a Bullit, but I could never get that passed through the Finance Committee right now (she wants to remodel the kitchen).

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
douglas said:
so have you done all 3 in the series? are you kicking ass in overall points?
No, I skipped the #2... it was in conflict with our local bike club's MTB Fest. I think I am 2nd overall tho...