Quantcast

Arbor Lake Trails, Where?

BUG

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
CoSprings, Colorado
Sure right after I get on a guy for thinking that someone would give directions to their trails out on a message board I'm going to expect the same thing. All I really want to know is:
1. Do they still exist?
2. What city are they in?.... I did some searching and the thoughts I had were Arvada, but the one page says Denver, or atleast that's where the informant was from.
3. How hard are they to find? ....that is if you don't wanna give directions.

Here's the page I saw the pics on

http://www.crackedfork.com/newsize/arbortrails.html

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Guys the jumps have been there since the 70's. They are very well known and no one cares about more people going there. They are located off of Wadsworth Blvd. If you are going north on Wads turn right on 80th ave go down to your first left after the shopping center. Follow that down past the fire station until the 4-way stop turn right and you will see the jumps.

The only thing that everyone asks is that you spend as much time digging as you do riding.

Enjoy

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Also, when you dig please do not mess with existing jumps! Build new jumps or repair existing jumps, but do not destroy existing jumps.

:)

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
What was the story with the place being vandalized? from 36, you would turn right onto wadsworth, follow that for a long time until you get to Pomona. Follow pomona for a minute and you can't miss the jumps.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Originally posted by Li'l Dave
What was the story with the place being vandalized? from 36, you would turn right onto wadsworth, follow that for a long time until you get to Pomona. Follow pomona for a minute and you can't miss the jumps.
Yeah Pomona is just south of 88th.

What I heard about the vandalizing was that some kids were playing on top of the jumps and the guys asked them nicely to not do that. The kids left, and shortly thereafter a dad and his teenage son showed up to kick some ass. But when they arrived and realized who they wanted to beat up were a bunch of adults. They just talked a bunch of whiny sh1t and left. Within a couple of days the jumps were vandalized. But it sounds like they are easily repairable.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Originally posted by jhusktrials
Yeah Pomona is just south of 88th.

What I heard about the vandalizing was that some kids were playing on top of the jumps and the guys asked them nicely to not do that. The kids left, and shortly thereafter a dad and his teenage son showed up to kick some ass. But when they arrived and realized who they wanted to beat up were a bunch of adults. They just talked a bunch of whiny sh1t and left. Within a couple of days the jumps were vandalized. But it sounds like they are easily repairable.
SOME PEOPLE!!!

our jumps were vandalized in a way after just being rebuilt. we had a nice 6 pack and everything until park and rec decided to tear off the lips because they didnt want the kids who palyed on the jumps to gat hurt!

:rolleyes:

:D :cool: :)

BUG

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
CoSprings, Colorado
Hey thanks guys!

I saw those pics and thought that place looked so fun. Like I said in an earlier post I really haven't traveled outside CoSprings since I got here to ride BUT that ended when I went out to the skate park in Canon City. I Just got back from Montana like 10 Min ago( it's 4 am Sun Morning) So I probably won't be hitting you up for this weekend but I'll have to see how things are looking for next weekend. I really need to make it out there and ride I need to get back to some dirt roots and I know I'll have a ball doing it.

Adios all, hope to see ya there soon.

BUG

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
CoSprings, Colorado
Hey I was just talking to a guy at one of the skatepaks in town and he refered to a set of trails out there called Sunset, are these the same ones?

just a quick question

Hey on alighter note I did get a bash fork and a 14mm wheelset so My STA will be back in full force here really soon! no more broken axles.... woo hoo!!

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Sunset... no small ones there. Too big for me anyways. Arbor has some cool smallish ones, the other option is Gunbarrel in Boulder. They are more mountain bikey, but there have been some good 20 inchers out there. Give both a try, let me know if you decide to come to gunbarrel, I live pretty close, and can give you directions if you want.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Sunset is off of 13th and Kipling. They are bigger and what I had heard is they are in poor condition. I would just go to Arbor if I were you.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
sunset is BIG and in very poor condition ruts everywhere, and u run the risk of gettin jacked or having your car stolen parking near their. try the v pm me for directions. perfect match between arbor and sunset but in real nice condition and veryfew ppl stil ride it (was really big a few years ago)