Quantcast

Archery..

Discussion in 'Firearms and Mac & Cheese' started by sstalder5, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sstalder5

sstalder5 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 20
    I picked up an old Darton compound bow at a flea market/thrift store type place (was that legal?) over the summer but I've just recently gotten into shooting it pretty regularly. I find it really soothing especially on these cold fall days. I'm not very good at it yet, but it's a lot of fun. Are there any archers out there on teh monkey? I feel like gff had a thread about it a while back iirc..

#1 -   Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

Please register to disable this ad.

2. bean

bean Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I haven't used a bow since I was a Boy Scout. Every now and then it seems like it would be fun to try again.

3. jonKranked

jonKranked Press Button, Receive Stupid

Rep/Likes:
    376 / 3,673
    i've been meaning to get my bow from my parents place. it was a hand me down compound, and yes, shooting archery is fun. and surprisingly relaxing.

4. EastCoaster

EastCoaster Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I am a monkey archer.... or is it archer monkey? Either way, I shoot a bow. Have been contemplating a new one actually to replace the ole Mathews.....

#4 -   Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. IH8Rice

IH8Rice I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!

Rep/Likes:
    62 / 485
    why wouldnt it be?

6. sstalder5

sstalder5 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 20
    I don't know.. I didn't have a clue about archery stuff when I bought it. I just assumed it would require paperwork similar to buying a rifle or shotgun (that's not much in NC) but apparently not?

7. EastCoaster

EastCoaster Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    And, if it wouldn't have been... and you posted it on a public forum... you could've been screwed at this point, huh? :-)

8. dante

dante Unabomber

Rep/Likes:
    11 / 8
    I got my 5yo niece this for Christmas last year:

Don't think that my sister/her husband have *actually* given it to her yet. Pretty sure that the only reason they're still talking to me is that I'm funding 529s for their kids... :D

9. DirtMcGirk

DirtMcGirk <b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm

Rep/Likes:
    1 / 0
    I shoot every day in the back yard. 45yd little range with my target compound bow.

10. rockofullr

rockofullr confused

Rep/Likes:
    115 / 832
    Did you pay using your usual combination of sexual favors and scheduled 1 narcotics? Then yes.

Ted Nuget is that you?

11. psycle-on

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    There used to be some rules about crossbows in NC but I think they have even done away with that. The couple that I have never required any paperwork.

It looks like the house we are hoping to buy will have enough room to shoot more than 10 yards!

12. hellbilly

hellbilly Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I have an old hoyt raptor. I've been working into it. Hopefully I'll be good enough to go out for archery this year.

13. Casey-Ryan

Casey-Ryan Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 1
    Been bowhunting all my life. Turkey is really hard in MA but its great for deer season the shotgun season is a cluster in MA and I am surprise more people don't get shot. The good thing about bow hunters is the majority of them have been hunting for a long time so its not like there are a bunch of noobs out in the woods. Anyone that has gone deer hunting in the shotgun season in MA knows what I am talking about with shotgun season depending on the time you go it feels like is a a game of lazer tag. :/

14. Casey-Ryan

Casey-Ryan Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 1
    Oh I shoot a Bear Bows I have a Legion for a small Axle to Axle for the tree stand, an Anarchy for stand up and for practice shooting and I also have a cross w that is some kind of Horton. I love all three of them. In MA you only have to be 18 to buy a bow but for the cross bow you can only target shoot with it, to hunt you need a letter from your dr. saying you are disabled and can't fire a normal compound.

15. JohnE

JohnE filthy rascist

Rep/Likes:
    147 / 641
    My kids both shoot recurves. Talked the wife into shooting the big ones and she wouldnt give it back to him..."Thats really fun...I want one too!"

Now I gotta buy her one...

16. eric strt6

eric strt6 Resident Curmudgeon

Rep/Likes:
    236 / 3,212
    John have you taken a drive down to Bass Pro in Manteca ?hwy 120 between 5 and 99 good bow selection and an indoor archery range to try them out in

17. JohnE

JohnE filthy rascist

Rep/Likes:
    147 / 641
    Not yet...tend to patronize the locals first. Wilderness Archery in Rocklin is the place for now...