Quantcast

Archery..

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I picked up an old Darton compound bow at a flea market/thrift store type place (was that legal?) over the summer but I've just recently gotten into shooting it pretty regularly. I find it really soothing especially on these cold fall days. I'm not very good at it yet, but it's a lot of fun. Are there any archers out there on teh monkey? I feel like gff had a thread about it a while back iirc..

Last edited:

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I haven't used a bow since I was a Boy Scout. Every now and then it seems like it would be fun to try again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've been meaning to get my bow from my parents place. it was a hand me down compound, and yes, shooting archery is fun. and surprisingly relaxing.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
I am a monkey archer.... or is it archer monkey? Either way, I shoot a bow. Have been contemplating a new one actually to replace the ole Mathews.....

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I got my 5yo niece this for Christmas last year:

Don't think that my sister/her husband have *actually* given it to her yet. Pretty sure that the only reason they're still talking to me is that I'm funding 529s for their kids... :D

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I shoot every day in the back yard. 45yd little range with my target compound bow.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
I don't know.. I didn't have a clue about archery stuff when I bought it. I just assumed it would require paperwork similar to buying a rifle or shotgun (that's not much in NC) but apparently not?
There used to be some rules about crossbows in NC but I think they have even done away with that. The couple that I have never required any paperwork.

It looks like the house we are hoping to buy will have enough room to shoot more than 10 yards!

hellbilly

Chimp
Apr 22, 2013
I have an old hoyt raptor. I've been working into it. Hopefully I'll be good enough to go out for archery this year.

Casey-Ryan

Monkey
Jan 2, 2012
Gloucester, MA
Been bowhunting all my life. Turkey is really hard in MA but its great for deer season the shotgun season is a cluster in MA and I am surprise more people don't get shot. The good thing about bow hunters is the majority of them have been hunting for a long time so its not like there are a bunch of noobs out in the woods. Anyone that has gone deer hunting in the shotgun season in MA knows what I am talking about with shotgun season depending on the time you go it feels like is a a game of lazer tag. :/

Casey-Ryan

Monkey
Jan 2, 2012
Gloucester, MA
Oh I shoot a Bear Bows I have a Legion for a small Axle to Axle for the tree stand, an Anarchy for stand up and for practice shooting and I also have a cross w that is some kind of Horton. I love all three of them. In MA you only have to be 18 to buy a bow but for the cross bow you can only target shoot with it, to hunt you need a letter from your dr. saying you are disabled and can't fire a normal compound.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My kids both shoot recurves. Talked the wife into shooting the big ones and she wouldnt give it back to him..."Thats really fun...I want one too!"

Now I gotta buy her one...