Quantcast

Architecture?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
stosh said:
Thats supposed to be the sidewalk turning into a wall of the building.
I know WHAT it is,(a wall ride) I want to know WHERE it is.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Um, yeah. Its pretty cool. Why? You thinking about moving here?
nope I've always heard good things about. Never been there, maybe I'll go on a trip some time or something.
You house seemed to be going for some good $.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Westy said:
I want a home built from one of those old nukular missle tubes, although i don't want to move to some flat hell hole in the midwest to get one.

You can move down near Austin, Tx for one of those too...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Could be but at least it is painted or finished with something.
Then you blanket statement that concrete feels cold is actually false.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
At first glance, I thought that was collapsed building wreckage... Definitely... interesting... Probably something that will look better in person. :think:
deconstructivists movement.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Ian F said:
At first glance, I thought that was collapsed building wreckage... Definitely... interesting... Probably something that will look better in person. :think:
The guy that sits next to me says it looks like a plane crash. I drove by it on Sunday, and it definitely does NOT look better in person.

Both my wife and I wondered the same thing: Where the heck are they going to hang the artwork???? :confused:

This seems like a definite a case of form over function, but I'll reserve final judgment until its finished.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
stosh, you would deff like yale. Both of Louis Kahn's buildings are right next to each other, and there are some really good other buildings in New Haven, like the fire station and the Lions Club building. (its somthing like that i think). The colesuem is also some what interesting structuarlly. Ive been the the building at exeter, and its pretty nice, but not as cool as the one in new haven.

N8 said:
Here is the type of home I would like for myself someday...

N8, your taste for interior desing sucks. Sorry, but id rather have poured concrete floors and countertop, all cracked on the surface with sub floor heating. My uncles house has it and my dad is putting it in his new house, and gotta tell you concrete floors kick ass. Especially in the winter time and they are all warm. :drool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mack said:
stosh, you would deff like yale. Both of Louis Kahn's buildings are right next to each other, and there are some really good other buildings in New Haven, like the fire station and the Lions Club building. (its somthing like that i think). The colesuem is also some what interesting structuarlly. Ive been the the building at exeter, and its pretty nice, but not as cool as the one in new haven.

N8, your taste for interior desing sucks. Sorry, but id rather have poured concrete floors and countertop, all cracked on the surface with sub floor heating. My uncles house has it and my dad is putting it in his new house, and gotta tell you concrete floors kick ass. Especially in the winter time and they are all warm. :drool:

radiant floor heating roxors your soxors!!!

Yeah I'm going to make it to yale some time soon.
What did your mom do at the conference?

Edit: I concur, N8's idea of design sucks.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
radiant floor heating roxors your soxors!!!

Yeah I'm going to make it to yale some time soon.

Edit: I concur, N8's idea of design sucks.

Meh... you and Mack can live together in a Frank Gerry inspired chicken-wire and tin shack if you like but it ain't for me.

:p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Meh... you and Mack can live together in a Frank Gerry inspired chicken-wire and tin shack if you like but it ain't for me.

:p
mitigate the hate!!!111!11!one!!111

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
stosh said:

Eh, she basiclly went to find new clients, and put the bill one some one else...

She works for the Coxe Group, they specialize in fixing troubles within architectural firms, and she is an indipendant contractor. So when the firms that the Coxe group is working for needs a new employee she goes and finds them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mack said:
Eh, she basiclly went to find new clients, and put the bill one some one else...

She works for the Coxe Group, they specialize in fixing troubles within architectural firms, and she is an indipendant contractor. So when the firms that the Coxe group is working for needs a new employee she goes and finds them.
Cool!

Let me know if she needs a drafter.