Quantcast

Are all slipknot fans pricks?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
It seems to me that every slipknot fan i meet seems to be a total butlicker, even when compared to other hard rockers who are usually very nice. Kids in my school who listen to slipknot, and slipknot alone are total morons, dont mention a good band like tool, pantera or dio :dead:.Is this true, are there band/fan steriotypes?

The only one i can think of is that all allman brothers/gratefull dead fans are hippys.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
SkaredShtles said:
Will you use a friggin' spell checker, for Krissakes?

I'll bet they wear girl pants...... :p

-S.S.-

I was adressing *you* shtles...

And i bet they wear more than girl pants. They probably wear tampons in the trunk to keep it in. :oink:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I like Slipknot & don't lick butt, so no your stereotype doesn't fit. Of course I'm almost 30, so I don't fit the typical Slipknot fan profile.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Zark said:
I like Slipknot & don't lick butt, so no your stereotype doesn't fit. Of course I'm almost 30, so I don't fit the typical Slipknot fan profile.
Yeah, but...

A. the man in your avatar is wearing "anti mast-raising" girl pants.

and

B. the man in your avatar is wearing leather.

EDIT: Is that Kerry King? It looks like his guitar.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
mack said:
Yeah, but...

and

You wouldn't know good music if it hit you in the head with a louisville slugger. Afterall, you listen to EMO.

Me, I'm a slipknot fan, and I am not a prick. Been listening to them since the beginning, those that you are talking about are the bandwagon jumpers. Basically the same thing with Metallica. The ones who like the new stuff in Metallica's case are the bandwagon jumpers. The ones who have been listening to them since the beginning really don't care for the black album and everything afterwards.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
mack said:
Yeah, but...

and

Are you on crack? Thats Dimebag Darryl, now he's gonna rise from the grave b*tchslap you :p

a. those are shorts smart guy
b. I don't see any leather

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I thought metalicas newest album sucked horribly.

And i dont listen to EMO.

How can you go to a concert and look at people like that? I like hard rock, and i can take most strange fashion, but wtf is the point of wearing masks and pretending that you put dead babies in your Capn' Crunch.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Zark said:
here, here bruthuh...I like em too...they're different...and I'm even older than YOU! :D

I saw them at a festival show around here once and I forgot to wear my orange jumpsuit with the barcode on it...man did I feel silly!

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
mack said:
How can you go to a concert and look at people like that? I like hard rock, and i can take most strange fashion, but wtf is the point of wearing masks and pretending that you put dead babies in your Capn' Crunch.
Its called theater, you know, an act. ;) People have been doing it for years. Maybe, its too high brow for ya. :p An artist can do pretty much whatever they feel furthers their art. Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Gwar, there is a long history of this. I don't know why its a suprise.

Hey, you don't like Slipknot, thats fine..Obviously they aren't for everybody.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Well good thing for Slipknot that they've gone the jumpsuit route...had it been overalls....

Let's just say Dexy's Midnight Runners would be pissed..and you do not want to mess with the Runners...even if you do wear a clown mask and vomit on stage, while beating on empty keg shells..

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Well, im only 15 so I guess this is the first time ive heard of it besides KISS, and no body likes KISS. Im going to get flamed for saying that, right? And there were a whole bunch of hard rockers with big hair like Motley Crue, Deep Purple ect, but i thought they did that because they used to all be transvestites.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
dh girlie said:
I saw them at a festival show around here once and I forgot to wear my orange jumpsuit with the barcode on it...man did I feel silly!
Did you at least color your hair purple, have 8 piercings, and about 40 lbs in chains hanging from your belt? if so you still fit in.....

Jeff 151

Monkey
Sep 25, 2004
DeezBay, Cali
Slipknot's good. Their last albumn is especially KILLER! It's more than you'd expect from people in masks. I might be a prick I don't know. You'd have to ask my girlfriend when she stops crying.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
mack said:

I'll let you know after March 15, going to their show in Lowell Mass.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
hm, their new CD BLOWSSS.
i love their old stuff.
yea people think i'm prick.
i'm just good at customer service

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
mack said:

I guess you never heard or seen an Alice Cooper show? :sneaky:
I've liked them since their beginning and I'm 36. :help:

Cheers!

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
mack said:
Yeah, but...

and

I hope Dimebag Darrel kills you.

A. He is wearing shorts.
B. I see no leather...

You are giving off the rank stench of EMO.

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
Hey Mack, I've got a few comments...
1. Not all Slipknot fans are pricks. I'm one, God bless you and have a nice day.
2. Don't diss the Dimbag EVER.
3. Kiss does suck, as much as Metallica (post-"..and Justice For All")

Let's go ride now! Because all I've gone is insane.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Hey mack,
If you think Slipknot fans are a holes tell a PANTERA fan in person that Dimebag used to wear girls pants when he was on stage. That will open your naive eyes to a whole new reality of a holes.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Opeth said:
You wouldn't know good music if it hit you in the head with a louisville slugger. Afterall, you listen to EMO.

Me, I'm a slipknot fan, and I am not a prick. Been listening to them since the beginning, those that you are talking about are the bandwagon jumpers. Basically the same thing with Metallica. The ones who like the new stuff in Metallica's case are the bandwagon jumpers. The ones who have been listening to them since the beginning really don't care for the black album and everything afterwards.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
mack said:
Well, im only 15 so I guess this is the first time ive heard of it besides KISS, and no body likes KISS. Im going to get flamed for saying that, right? And there were a whole bunch of hard rockers with big hair like Motley Crue, Deep Purple ect, but i thought they did that because they used to all be transvestites.
Wow, that some lame, ignorant, shizz you are vomiting all over the soothing greyness of the :monkey:. :stosh:

I remember when I was 15 the first 3 Metallica albums were out, I listened mostly to that, plus whatever my dad had in his record collection like LedZep and old Santana, The Doors, Jeff Beck, Herbie Hancock Headhunters ahh sweet memories. I listened to a lot of the crap that was going on at the time too... Looking back on it, it mostly sucked. Now there's better stuff going on at least, but still, lots of trash out there.

NOTE: Totally overlooked the Dimebag diss. Thats pretty cold, but I'm sure you had no clue what legend that you were spitting on. DD had the fastest fingers, you should check out some of his stuff... the guitarist for your boys Slipknot I'm sure you tear you in half for saying such a thing as I'm sure he worships DD.