Quantcast

Are these bikes stolen?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ascentrek, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Ascentrek

Ascentrek Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Echo

Echo crooked smile

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    Doesn't sound fishy to me at all. Who the hell would want a Super 8 though?

3. Alpha Kenny Body

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    Don't think so, look at his/her feedback...97.4% is good enough.

4. BigMike

BigMike BrokenbikeMike

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    $104 shipping?

5. Konabumm

Konabumm Konaboner

Rep/Likes:
    12 / 67
    yeah that is really high

6. manziman

manziman Stubby

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    How is the Blur in Santa Cruz and the Super 8 in San Diego? I just don't trust it..

7. Barbaton

Barbaton Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Don't know much about the super 8, but there are a couple funny things about the blur. For one, they didn't offer the 5th on it until late 2003. Before that it was only a Vanilla. He might have bought it aftermarket, but you'd think he'd mention it. Also, I think that only the size small has the straight top tube, the others have the bend for flickability or standover or whatever.

I could be wrong, but that was right about the time I was shopping for my blur and that's what I remember.

I also like the Marzocchi Bober (sic) fork, but I think that's just a typo. :)

$104 to ship is absurd.

8. manziman

manziman Stubby

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    danke

9. def

def Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    The first 5th's did go out the summer of '03. But the graphics of the 02/early 03 are different from the late 03/04's. This bike has the later graphics it looks like but I can't really see all of it. The 03/04's had a "B" at the top tube/seat tube and said Blur on the seatstays by the drop outs. The small and mediums both had straight top tubes. (God I sold and worked on too many of these!!)

SC isn't the best on telling you what year your bike is. I ordered mine in Dec of 03, but I have no idea if its considered an 03 or an 04? Whatever, its a bike.

I really didn't see anything fishy in the add other than the shock and many people did put 5th's on aftermarket. Of course I don't deal much over the net.

edit*: I looked at the super 8 a little closer. No mention of the avalanche shock anywhere. That is a big one to overlook. I still think its someone who doesn't really know what is on their bike. Not everyone is a huge bike dork like you or me on here.

10. MtnbikeMike

MtnbikeMike Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I find it funny he doesn't mention the floater and says it has "through style hubs."

11. maxyedor

maxyedor <b>TOOL PRO</b>

Rep/Likes:
    21 / 240
    odd but not that odd, some people just don't know anything about their own bike year/size ect. The weirdest thing I noticed was all the MTBR reveiws the average guy looking for a Blur knows if it's good. The average guy looking for a super 8, I never met that guy.

12. PatBranch

PatBranch Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 7
    Does anyone know the average weight of a super 8? My friend wants to get into mtb, and a solid bike would be good to start on. I think it might be a little heavy though.

13. Full Trucker

Full Trucker Frikkin newb!!!

Rep/Likes:
    108 / 1,041
    Yeah, didn't seem too weird to me either. Yeah, the guy was a little on the un-knowledgable side of things, but it could be that he is simply a person that buys bikes used in his area, cleans them up and then "flips" them on eBay. I have a friend that does that here in Denver with older 10 speeds and road bikes and makes a killing, plus he loves only working 2-3 days a week.