Quantcast

Are these bikes stolen?

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Don't know much about the super 8, but there are a couple funny things about the blur. For one, they didn't offer the 5th on it until late 2003. Before that it was only a Vanilla. He might have bought it aftermarket, but you'd think he'd mention it. Also, I think that only the size small has the straight top tube, the others have the bend for flickability or standover or whatever.

I could be wrong, but that was right about the time I was shopping for my blur and that's what I remember.

I also like the Marzocchi Bober (sic) fork, but I think that's just a typo. :)

$104 to ship is absurd.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Barbaton said:
...For one, they didn't offer the 5th on it until late 2003. Before that it was only a Vanilla. He might have bought it aftermarket, but you'd think he'd mention it. Also, I think that only the size small has the straight top tube, the others have the bend for flickability or standover or whatever...
The first 5th's did go out the summer of '03. But the graphics of the 02/early 03 are different from the late 03/04's. This bike has the later graphics it looks like but I can't really see all of it. The 03/04's had a "B" at the top tube/seat tube and said Blur on the seatstays by the drop outs. The small and mediums both had straight top tubes. (God I sold and worked on too many of these!!)

SC isn't the best on telling you what year your bike is. I ordered mine in Dec of 03, but I have no idea if its considered an 03 or an 04? Whatever, its a bike.

I really didn't see anything fishy in the add other than the shock and many people did put 5th's on aftermarket. Of course I don't deal much over the net.

edit*: I looked at the super 8 a little closer. No mention of the avalanche shock anywhere. That is a big one to overlook. I still think its someone who doesn't really know what is on their bike. Not everyone is a huge bike dork like you or me on here.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
odd but not that odd, some people just don't know anything about their own bike year/size ect. The weirdest thing I noticed was all the MTBR reveiws the average guy looking for a Blur knows if it's good. The average guy looking for a super 8, I never met that guy.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Does anyone know the average weight of a super 8? My friend wants to get into mtb, and a solid bike would be good to start on. I think it might be a little heavy though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yeah, didn't seem too weird to me either. Yeah, the guy was a little on the un-knowledgable side of things, but it could be that he is simply a person that buys bikes used in his area, cleans them up and then "flips" them on eBay. I have a friend that does that here in Denver with older 10 speeds and road bikes and makes a killing, plus he loves only working 2-3 days a week.