Quantcast

$%$ are we there yet daddy? GMT $%$

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We've been entertaining the idea of getting another dog. Ours will be 13 years old soon and figure it's a good time to bring in a new dog that can learn the routine and follow the lead of the old dog. Wife wants a dog that she can take running and other places, unlike our greyhound who is content to sleep her life away. We've got a screening phone call this morning with an adoption group. Unrelated to that call, Wife can get a weimaraner but I am reading that they don't get along well with cats and can have severe separation anxiety, not to mention I'd rather get a shelter dog that needs a good home, although I suppose all dogs need a good home. Anyway, yeah.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Did a bunch of wrenching yesterday, but I guess I'll be waiting for a few days before a test ride is in order. Darn rain. Hardtail is feeling pretty dialed, except it could use a shorter stem (swapped on a 50mm, want a 30mm) and a fresh set of tires.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Dismantling of the decommissioned frame started, moving the parts over to the Riot until new frame arrives. Rain today so I have plenty of time to finish the build.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Snowed 6" last night and still coming down lightly. Heading down to Springs for my second shot this morning then going to @Pesqueebs house to do the electronics on the Subaru. It's going to be cold fingers...

We've been entertaining the idea of getting another dog. Ours will be 13 years old soon and figure it's a good time to bring in a new dog that can learn the routine and follow the lead of the old dog. Wife wants a dog that she can take running and other places, unlike our greyhound who is content to sleep her life away. We've got a screening phone call this morning with an adoption group. Unrelated to that call, Wife can get a weimaraner but I am reading that they don't get along well with cats and can have severe separation anxiety, not to mention I'd rather get a shelter dog that needs a good home, although I suppose all dogs need a good home. Anyway, yeah.
Rescue collie/Aussie. I hope really like running. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
since you don't have kids, you should buy a farm, and acquire as many dogs as you can.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Snowed 6" last night and still coming down lightly. Heading down to Springs for my second shot this morning then going to @Pesqueebs house to do the electronics on the Subaru. It's going to be cold fingers...

Rescue collie/Aussie. I hope really like running. :think:
@Pesqueeb that reminds me, slap stoney on the ass for me.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Covid shot #2 on Wednesday had me dragging ass with a headache for most of yesterday, but woke up this morning feeling mostly normal.

...if "mostly normal" means full of rage at the ridiculous cost of anything related to a wedding, and that I'm not skiing this morning due to work meetings.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
...Document Control sent a draft report back to me because I referenced parts that are in a preliminary status. The draft report I'm writing is part of the qualification package required to move these parts from preliminary to released. How do I qualify parts without referencing them?

And they wonder why I'm the only person in my group to have processed a single change order in the past year without having it sent back to the author state. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
...Document Control sent a draft report back to me because I referenced parts that are in a preliminary status. The draft report I'm writing is part of the qualification package required to move these parts from preliminary to released. How do I qualify parts without referencing them?

And they wonder why I'm the only person in my group to have processed a single change order in the past year without having it sent back to the author state. :rofl:
sounds like doc control needs a stone cold stunner

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Treat the referenced parts like “Yaweh” or G_D. ?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do you know what's exciting and not in a good way? A twitchy car (alignment is on 20th) on aggressive 3-season tires, in 6" of snow, when you have to drive 60mi to Springs. Whee!

I only lost the ass end 5+ times at over 50. Anytime I hit a deep layer of slush - whee! I haven't had to concentrate while driving that hard since doing track days like, 10yrs ago. Especially because there is no run off option for about 50% of the drive due to construction.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Do you know what's exciting and not in a good way? A twitchy car (alignment is on 20th) on aggressive 3-season tires, in 6" of snow, when you have to drive 60mi to Springs. Whee!
Can confirm. When the eldest kid borked the Outback's front end on a curb we had to drive it to the shop (about 2 miles away) in the snow and that was a WHITE-KNUCKLE drive through the 'hood. :fie: :fie: :panic:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I put up a valiant fight. But they had enough folks on duty to subdue me. The zip tie cuffs were a little over the top since I had to take my coat off to get the shot. I was out of steam and they snuck up on me and gave me the shot. I will be better prepared for the second shot. Do they sell Bear spray at Cabellas?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I put up a valiant fight. But they had enough folks on duty to subdue me. The zip tie cuffs were a little over the top since I had to take my coat off to get the shot. I was out of steam and they snuck up on me and gave me the shot. I will be better prepared for the second shot. Do they sell Bear spray at Cabellas?
Should a man in your condition and advanced age be brawling as such?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some things just work out, eh. General Manager just walked into my office saying he won't be joining todays meeting that I am hosting with him, to review open issue stuff. I was in the process of scrambling to update our work tracker - with me being off for half the week, it was going to be one of those lovely "yep absolutely nothing has been done this week" type of affairs.

Wipe brow.

Now to finish work, whip out for a ride and maybe have a beer?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ordered some spare parts from YT 2-3 days ago I think....online order status still said "not yet processed" as of this morning.

Package with everything showed up just now. Ballin'.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ordered some spare parts from YT 2-3 days ago I think....online order status still said "not yet processed" as of this morning.

Package with everything showed up just now. Ballin'.
Lucky you. I have two packages with useless tracking updates on the way from Deutschland and dog-knows-when SC ships the replacement frame. To top it off, the steerer on my 36 is a 1/4" too short for the long Riot head tube so I'll be living dangerously for the next couple of weeks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lucky you. I have two packages with useless tracking updates on the way from Deutschland and dog-knows-when SC ships the replacement frame. To top it off, the steerer on my 36 is a 1/4" too short for the long Riot head tube so I'll be living dangerously for the next couple of weeks.
I had a package from Quebec arrive in under a week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle