Quantcast

### Are we there yet GEE EM TEE###

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
the oh FTS vibe is strong today.

spent an hour last night getting my work email unfucked , I hate chat only text support.

Then right after I fall asleep my phone rings, Client canceling, positive for the vid oh joy. at least they called as they would have been my 0415 tranport so now I get to chill and not leave for work until 0420 and I finish work at 1230 YAY

Espresso be good

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
everybody has a snow day except for me. Kid 1 and Kid 2 are both going to be home, eye appointments cancelled, meetings still on. Fuck this friday engaged.

@Adventurous regarding your window post, an old boss of mine courted a bunch of window replacement people, and Anderson was the most expensive and the worst customer service by a long shot. This guy was one of "those guys", the ones that know everything, but he went with a smaller contractor. I will comment that the best windows around may be Harvey windows, so if you can get them I suggest you do. My inspector noticed them windows on our current home and was super impressed. I think they are a mid-level window, whatever that means.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back into the cold we go. Cold enough this morning that I had to gently persuade my car to allow me the privilege of using 1st gear.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Think I'm getting sick. My things to do list for work is about 4x longer than my time to do it in.

Had my comp conversation yesterday. Bonus was expected, raise was below inflation. I told my boss as much and pointed out that for a company that is having trouble hiring people, we sure aren't doing much to keep the people that we have. He apparently told mgmt the same and they just disregarded it. He's expecting that we'll lose 1/4-1/3 of our top sales team members once bonuses pay out. Should be interesting come mid-February. Once I have my CFP I can get about $35-50k more/yr, so I'll be shopping as soon as I finish.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Speaking of inflation, raises to keep up with that and all that mumbo jumbo.....

Gas prices have reached $1.57/liter here. My memory might be faint, but I can't remember it ever being higher?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Virtual learning snow day here. I preloaded an asynchronous assignment for my kiddos over night and several have already done it. I gave them actual work yesterday and today it was fun. I rick-rolled my HS Band and my MS band is having a snowman building contest (we did listen to some music too). I love the comments I have gotten from my HSers so far. One says I made his day...he woke up and completed the assignment before logging into 1st period! Another wants me to arrange it for pep band so we can rickroll the other team. I love these kids!

Monkeyfest is coming along nicely; coffee is brewed and I get to watch it snow while I watch my 4th grader on her google meet (HSer doesn't have a meet until 9:20). Ah.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Speaking of inflation, raises to keep up with that and all that mumbo jumbo.....

Gas prices have reached $1.57/liter here. My memory might be faint, but I can't remember it ever being higher?
Fuel prices aren't super impacted by inflation. It's supply and demand driven. Most recently, hording of oil related to potential war in Europe, concerns about winter (read Texas), and normal winter price increases.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Half day reading outpatient ultrasounds, donating blood, then up to the mountains after dinner. Lower back doesn't feel great: shoveling snow is apparently not a motion that it likes.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rain -> freezing rain -> freezing rain with sleet -> sleet
Graupel incoming soon? Standing water on roads and sidewalks has turned to freezing paste, this is going to be fun.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Today is a nasty little beasty. A real basement flooder for those who have issues with such things.

Me, I'll be click clacking away on my digital master and waiting for 4pm.

everybody has a snow day except for me. Kid 1 and Kid 2 are both going to be home, eye appointments cancelled, meetings still on. Fuck this friday engaged.

@Adventurous regarding your window post, an old boss of mine courted a bunch of window replacement people, and Anderson was the most expensive and the worst customer service by a long shot. This guy was one of "those guys", the ones that know everything, but he went with a smaller contractor. I will comment that the best windows around may be Harvey windows, so if you can get them I suggest you do. My inspector noticed them windows on our current home and was super impressed. I think they are a mid-level window, whatever that means.
My wife's brother is a GC (would never have him do our windows though) and he recommended that same route. We'll swing by the local lumberyard and see what they quote us for this stuff. I'm perfectly capable of replacing a window once I have it, it'll just take me longer to do a house worth of replacements.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm perfectly capable of replacing a window once I have it, it'll just take me longer to do a house worth of replacements.
this is sorta where i'm at. i could figure most things out, it would just take me substantially longer. and there's other ways i want to spend my time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuel prices aren't super impacted by inflation. It's supply and demand driven. Most recently, hording of oil related to potential war in Europe, concerns about winter (read Texas), and normal winter price increases.
Its one of the raising costs of living though, which is what those yearly salary increases are supposed to cover.

Up and up and up it'll go. This is from gasbuddy.com, but I also quickly compared the data from Statistics Canada here and it seems to mostly match. We can ignore the dip mid-2020, but its been creeping up.
1643986259332.png

Had my yearly "face to face" meeting with my manager the other day and he mentioned that he's trying to get me "something more", on top of that standard increase. So we'll see what happens, but either way when they offer the raise, I'm asking for more. Everything is going up in cost.

Even something as simple as an apple costs more. We're at like a $1 per apple now.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Its one of the raising costs of living though, which is what those yearly salary increases are supposed to cover.

Up and up and up it'll go. This is from gasbuddy.com, but I also quickly compared the data from Statistics Canada here and it seems to mostly match. We can ignore the dip mid-2020, but its been creeping up.
View attachment 171389

Had my yearly "face to face" meeting with my manager the other day and he mentioned that he's trying to get me "something more", on top of that standard increase. So we'll see what happens, but either way when they offer the raise, I'm asking for more. Everything is going up in cost.

Even something as simple as an apple costs more. We're at like a $1 per apple now.
Sounds like its time for a good old fashioned war to be picked with some oil bearing country in the name of freedumz of course

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
this is sorta where i'm at. i could figure most things out, it would just take me substantially longer. and there's other ways i want to spend my time.
That's me with most things. Of course, I don't have the money to pay people to do such things, even if I did want to spend my time in other ways. Maybe some day that'll change, but today ain't that day.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

View attachment 171389

re price of oil: in the video on this page: Statistical Review of World Energy | Energy economics | Home (bp.com) BP's chief economist (and I'm paraphrasing here) seem to indicate that during the pandemic oil production tooled down because supply outstripped demand (remember when price of crude was negative?!). Now that demand is picking up, supply has yet to pick up again.

This is me reading between the lines, but I have to assume producers are watching demand to see how far it rebounds. I'm not confident prices will stay high. I think as demand rises, eventually supply with catch up again.

As for me, I can't shake this growing feeling of anger, and my desire to grab a crowbar and an axe and go engage the occupiers. I want to smash windshields and throw molotv cocktails. feeling this angry sucks. but I just can't chill out, and it's hard to focus on work. fuck those guys. and fuck the police for not doing their jobs. fuck em all.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hello all. Half day reading outpatient ultrasounds, donating blood, then up to the mountains after dinner. Lower back doesn't feel great: shoveling snow is apparently not a motion that it likes.
3 kids and none of them shoveling yet? :D

I feel sorry for the Ski racers competing in Beijing, The course conditions are gnar gnar
East cost ice and rocks would have been good warmup?

Any MASS monkeys ever been in Bike Barn Racing in Whitman? Bought a bike from there yesterday, helpful people.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
re price of oil: in the video on this page: Statistical Review of World Energy | Energy economics | Home (bp.com) BP's chief economist (and I'm paraphrasing here) seem to indicate that during the pandemic oil production tooled down because supply outstripped demand (remember when price of crude was negative?!). Now that demand is picking up, supply has yet to pick up again.

This is me reading between the lines, but I have to assume producers are watching demand to see how far it rebounds. I'm not confident prices will stay high. I think as demand rises, eventually supply with catch up again.

As for me, I can't shake this growing feeling of anger, and my desire to grab a crowbar and an axe and go engage the occupiers. I want to smash windshields and throw molotv cocktails. feeling this angry sucks. but I just can't chill out, and it's hard to focus on work. fuck those guys. and fuck the police for not doing their jobs. fuck em all.
That sucks what yall are having to deal with over there. I get and understand what they are doing and respect that everyone has a right to protest and speak up for what they believe in, but sheesh, way to go about it the wrong way and look like a bunch of dicks and piss everyone off.