Quantcast

### Are we there yet GEE EM TEE###

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
why? were they getting impacted? only teeth i ever needed pulled were my wisdom teeth
Dentist wanted to make room so it wouldn't impact the ability of my adult teeth to grow in. On several occasions I left the office having had 6 teeth pulled at once. Fucking hate that. Almost as much as I hated the 2 pallet extenders I needed.

Ironically, I still have all 4 wisdom teeth. Dentist said leave em be unless they start to pose an issue which they haven't.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Those snow machines blow ice all night due to temps so the Groomers are blowing teeth on the tillers, you can tell its gnarly when the are drilling the ice to put in the gate poles and every other skier ends up in the poly fence.
its a narrow course and all the test events for the course were cancelled. so everyone is racing it for the first time. arguably makes it a more level playing field since everyone is on it for the first time, for better or worse.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Morning Internet acquaintances.
You would think Indiana have never gotten snow before. :rant:
Pulled a county plow truck out on the way to day care.

Positive for the day is that I got a piece of chocolate cake from the daycare lady. I’d consider that a win

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fucking hate that. Almost as much as I hated the 2 pallet extenders I needed.
Is that the thing that bridges the top of your mouth and you use a key to slowly spread it apart?

I had one of those and it gives me the creeps thinking about it now. That thing just slowly cranking apart your upper jaw..... :bad:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Is that the thing that bridges the top of your mouth and you use a key to slowly spread it apart?

I had one of those and it gives me the creeps thinking about it now. That thing just slowly cranking apart your upper jaw..... :bad:
Yep. And I needed two throughout my childhood. God I hated that thing. I'd hide from my dad whenever it was time for a cranking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dentist wanted to make room so it wouldn't impact the ability of my adult teeth to grow in. On several occasions I left the office having had 6 teeth pulled at once. Fucking hate that. Almost as much as I hated the 2 pallet extenders I needed.

Ironically, I still have all 4 wisdom teeth. Dentist said leave em be unless they start to pose an issue which they haven't.
apparently my wife's sister's oldest kid (5) had a few baby teeth pulled because she had so many cavities. too much sugar in the diet and insufficient dental hygiene. we learned this a few weeks back when our kids spent the night with my MIL, who was shocked that our kids brush their teeth without arguing at bedtime and have a normal bedtime. apparently my sister in laws kids are borderline feral in that regards.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
apparently my wife's sister's oldest kid (5) had a few baby teeth pulled because she had so many cavities. too much sugar in the diet and insufficient dental hygiene. we learned this a few weeks back when our kids spent the night with my MIL, who was shocked that our kids brush their teeth without arguing at bedtime and have a normal bedtime. apparently my sister in laws kids are borderline feral in that regards.
It was odd to hear about kids getting cavities filled, as a kid. I've never had one filled - didn't have any as a kid. I have some now, but the last time I went to the dentist they said they weren't big enough to do anything about.

My first real drill work at the dentist was getting my wisdom teeth hammered out and then a root canal. Talk about jumping off the deep end. :twitch: The root canal on my front tooth sucked, blargh what a horrible feeling it was having them dig in there.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Speaking of inflation, raises to keep up with that and all that mumbo jumbo.....

Gas prices have reached $1.57/liter here. My memory might be faint, but I can't remember it ever being higher?
Saw $1.59L yesterday... :twitch:

Municipality is about to raise taxes by 7.8%

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
3 kids and none of them shoveling yet? :D
They all actually helped a bit! Wife, too.

There just was a lot of snow on Wednesday, plus when I shovel I'll usually do at least a person-width pass along the whole block to be a good egg.

I should get a battery powered snowblower already.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Son has really rebounded from covid and is full energy again and ready for school Monday.

Finished the first room in the basement and crew is taking a weeks break. Most of the hard work is done by now and the other 4 rooms do not need much additional work.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Got the official "clear to close" from our lender, just waiting on closing for the current house and signing and we're done. Also got a message from the seller's relator asking if it was okay if they leave their wine fridge since it won't fit in their new place. Uh yeah, why even ask?

In related news, any SoCal Monkey's want a 36 bottle wine fridge, it seems I've just acquired a 48 bottle dual zone unit.

We can still get fuel for $2.95/gal 'round here... it's strange.
Throw some in a milk jug and send it my way?

We're at $4.85 for the cheap stuff because reasons, even backing out all taxes our gas is higher than yours including taxes.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We get lower octane due to altitude so are a bit of our own market, maybe? 85 octane.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Speaking of kids shoveling, "worked from home" so my son and I could clear snow from @Adventurous estate for the propane guys coming next week before everything freezes.

IMG_20220204_111350248_HDR.jpg

Speaking of raises, boss sent me my performance review grade for the year the other day, which was extremely good news. Looking forward to bonus/raise discussions more than usual.

Speaking of bikes, many parts for the new bike are due to arrive in the next week. Very excite!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Re; bonus and yearly raises:

My employer: "we only made 115millon last quarter and just offered every pilot 40k in retention bonuses but the rest of you get bupkis".

Time to polish up the old resume I guess. FTS 12/10, and I'm not even at work today.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Speaking of kids shoveling, "worked from home" so my son and I could clear snow from @Adventurous estate for the propane guys coming next week before everything freezes.

View attachment 171395

Speaking of raises, boss sent me my performance review grade for the year the other day, which was extremely good news. Looking forward to bonus/raise discussions more than usual.

Speaking of bikes, many parts for the new bike are due to arrive in the next week. Very excite!
looks like @Adventurous has some trim replacement in his future along with windows . . . and what is this "new bike" of which you speak???

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Re; bonus and yearly raises:

My employer: "we only made 115millon last quarter and just offered every pilot 40k in retention bonuses but the rest of you get bupkis".

Time to polish up the old resume I guess. FTS 12/10, and I'm not even at work today.
Eh, ground crews and maintenance personnel are pretty inconsequential to an airline's operation. Planes are so simple these days and require virtually no maintenance, even if they do break passengers don't mind minor 1 or 2 day delays in their flights :rolleyes:

Before you FTS too hard and leave, can you steal me a beverage cart? Always wanted one.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Eh, ground crews and maintenance personnel are pretty inconsequential to an airline's operation. Planes are so simple these days and require virtually no maintenance, even if they do break passengers don't mind minor 1 or 2 day delays in their flights :rolleyes:

Before you FTS too hard and leave, can you steal me a beverage cart? Always wanted one.
I want a luggage conveyor truck for moving firewood

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That sucks what yall are having to deal with over there. I get and understand what they are doing and respect that everyone has a right to protest and speak up for what they believe in, but sheesh, way to go about it the wrong way and look like a bunch of dicks and piss everyone off.
Personally, I don't think they know what they are protesting. This is just the continuation of the yellow vest movement, or the "entitled white privilege" sentiment. Originally they said they wanted an end of the vaccine mandate for cross border truckers. But regardless of what Canada does, the US also has the same requirement.

Now they're saying the want an end to all Covid-related mandates. Actually, they want "a clear path to lifting all mandates".
a) mask and vaccine mandates are a provincial authority. This is Civics 101 motherfuckers. Get with the program. Go protest at your provincial legislature.
b) a clear path to lifting all mandates already exists: ensure the health care system can handle the case-load. The best way to do that is get vaccinated and wear a mask. There is ample evidence. But they're not interested in evidence. Not interested in solidarity. Not interested in anyone but themselves. They're a bunch of selfish, entitled, ignorant cunts.

I spoke with my (municipal) councillor today. Her ideal solution is to get the firetrucks out there and fucking hit them with the water cannons. I agree.

I mean, I get it, we're all sick of the lockdowns, of this pandemic, of this whole shit show. but sitting around intimidating people downtown and sulking until you get what you want isn't the fucking solution. Again, fuck em. right in their shitstained faces.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I agree, fuck all these antivaxx, no mandate fucktards. I mean how stupid can you get? I heartily endorse water cannons and or military intervention for these trucktards.

Lucky I got a ride in yesterday, because it has rained all night here and is supposed to rain the next day or two as well. We needed it I think, but still dry trails > freshly wet trails. If I time it right might get some hero dirt after the weekend.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
its a narrow course and all the test events for the course were cancelled. so everyone is racing it for the first time. arguably makes it a more level playing field since everyone is on it for the first time, for better or worse.
They were running on it all day yesterday, very few made clean runs, even less few made competitive runs
I heard (or possibly read?) on the news yesterday that the skiers are actually pretty stoked on the course. Apparently, it's not overly technical, and they are loving the 100% artificial snow since it's so fast. No clean runs is normal, since none of them have raced on the course before. They're getting acquainted.

re other previous comments about it being hard, as evidenced by the drilling, this is something the racers tend to prefer. In fact, it's pretty normal practice for the ski techs to spend a big part of their day walking down WC courses injecting water into the snow. So I bet they're happy it's icy already, no need to go make it icier!