Quantcast

Are we toast?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
So it looks like Bikemag is regularly spitting out news again! Just not their own production though. Kinda like one of those news/viral videos integrators out there. Discovered it by a comment on the Rampage's custom helmets piece on PB.

I honestly thought all operations had stopped pre pandemic...

EDIT: the last original piece is from August 24.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
@slimshady I met with some of the new team last week. They're starting up some operations again. Guessing you'll see more of a mixture of original content and ongoing trends/industry news than the original Bike which was almost exclusively original content. But the new editors are a bunch of outdoor biking enthusiasts so it's not turning into Buzzfeed, either.

I think the editors are going to start showing up around the community, try to engage a bit more. I suggested that, if they have interesting topics that aren't fleshed out enough to warrant a full article, that they bring them to the community for discussion. We'll see what happens - but they are interested in trying to contribute here.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I honestly have no idea how much equity the "Bike Magazine" name has in the market anymore. But it sure has a lot of brand equity in my heart - it is/was a really foundational part of my first years being interested in riding. I still remember the excitement of pulling a new issue from the mailbox and rushing inside to flip through it.

I hope they make a go of it, and not just because they are tied to Ridemonkey.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Been keeping an eye on the Arena Group / SI drama because they are a sizable client.

Love this bit. Nobody tell 'em about RM.

Almost immediately, the morale at Arena Group plunged, former employees there said. In early December, after the deal with B. Riley had closed, Bhargava gave a speech at an all-hands meeting in which he told employees, “The amount of useless stuff you guys do is staggering,”

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Been keeping an eye on the Arena Group / SI drama because they are a sizable client.

Love this bit. Nobody tell 'em about RM.

Almost immediately, the morale at Arena Group plunged, former employees there said. In early December, after the deal with B. Riley had closed, Bhargava gave a speech at an all-hands meeting in which he told employees, “The amount of useless stuff you guys do is staggering,”
I believe I am the self-proclaimed CEO of "useless", why wasn't I in the all-hands meeting? I would like to speak to a manager please

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
“The amount of useless stuff you guys do is staggering,”
It's a media holding group. All of these giant holding empires are essentially useless by definition. They don't build anything. Most of them simply purchase companies, squeeze some profits out, then move on.

May as well go to the Bike Mag staff and say, "all you guys talk about is bikes!"