Quantcast

Are we toast?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Like whose house? The meth head house, median home price or Aaron Gwin?

How much was this barrel of monkeys worth?
I don't think you're allowed to ask for your share, this monkey poo pile is an all or nothing kind of deal.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
https://www.bikemag.com/news/goodbye-for-now/

"The Big Pause that has stalled the economy as COVID-19 sweeps around the world, has not spared publishing, and last week, Bike Magazine directly felt the pain of the pandemic’s impact.

On Friday, October 2, our parent company, A360 Media, told the staff that Bike would be suspended indefinitely. That includes the print magazine, website and all social channels. The staff has also been furloughed indefinitely. "

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Anyone on here a developer that can write a script to crawl/store post content?
I'm already crawling the past content but it's only going to be somewhat useful - there are a lot of reasons why it's difficult to store this kind of content in an accessible way, and you'd never make it interactive again.

I'm not super worried about spinning up a new site if needed. I can do that pretty rapidly. It would just be a shame to lose two decades worth of content.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Also there's a Ridemonkey page on Facebook:

Feel free to follow that; I'm an admin on the page and I will post there if something happens to the site and a new URL needs to be announced.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Will we get any kind of warning or will the site just be gone one day ?
Right now I have no information.

Bookmark that Ridemonkey Facebook page. It's a public page and doesn't require you to sign up. If something happens to the site, I'll post it there.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Remember when there was some big stink over at mtbr.com and a bunch of'em temporarily defected to the monkey ?

If we did that I wonder how long it would be before we got the boot. They don't seem to have much appreciation for smart-asses or a sense of humor.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Remember when there was some big stink over at mtbr.com and a bunch of'em temporarily defected to the monkey ?

If we did that I wonder how long it would be before we got the boot. They don't seem to have much appreciation for smart-asses or a sense of humor.
That forum sucks so much... please no.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Man, fuck MTBR. The Front Range forum is the most toxic place this side of 4chan.
That forum sucks so much... please no.
:stupid:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If worst case happens and RM just up and vanishes, I'll spin up another forum. I own the Ridemonkey XenForo license, so it can be moved over to another domain.

These things don't usually go well, though. Some small fraction follows to the new domain. An even smaller fraction participate.

But let's not despair yet. I have some communications out looking for clarity. Ridemonkey as a site is cheap to run (no editorial staff) and generates pageviews, so there's good reason to sell it off rather than killing it. I'll post as I have information.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
If worst case happens and RM just up and vanishes, I'll spin up another forum. I own the Ridemonkey XenForo license, so it can be moved over to another domain.

These things don't usually go well, though. Some small fraction follows to the new domain. An even smaller fraction participate.

But let's not despair yet. I have some communications out looking for clarity. Ridemonkey as a site is cheap to run (no editorial staff) and generates pageviews, so there's good reason to sell it off rather than killing it. I'll post as I have information.
Any idea on monthly PV volume?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Who owns the actual rm domain name?