Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of american democracy?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I got you beat if we're talking "concerts dragged to"

kidwoo's actual first concert: Alabama, Oakridge Boys, Juice Newton

:rofl:
I'll play - friend's family took me to see culture club in 4th grade . . . i think my next was u2 in 7th grade with my mom . . . finally started going to the correct shows in 9th grade - cro mags with older friends who could drive.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Slowly but surely... :rolleyes:

"Travis County's DeBeauvoir says the most frustrating part of the new law is that she can't even communicate with voters about how to fix their application.

A provision in SB 1 says local officials can "make no attempt to solicit a person to complete an application for an early voting ballot by mail, whether directly or through a third party." Violating that is a state jail felony that carries a mandatory minimum of six months of imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000."

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
“We came here 20 years ago because it was the closest thing we could find to Norman Rockwell,” he told me. “Now people come looking for George Lincoln Rockwell” — the founder of the American Nazi Party…

People are coming here for ‘freedom,’ thinking, ‘I don’t have to mask, I don’t have to be nice.’
Sheesh.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
in real estate terms....

gentrification.
People always think of this wrong. You don't kick them out, you sell it off to another country. Like sell Texas and Florida to Mexico. At least make some money out of it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
People always think of this wrong. You don't kick them out, you sell it off to another country. Like sell Texas and Florida to Mexico. At least make some money out of it.
because the people you want gone are not going to stay there...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Even (GASP) Fox is getting sick of Trump’s shit, and is beginning to call him out.
There's a very, very big difference between calling trump out based on something so eggregious they can't ignore...........and what's really happening which is fox is untethering themselves from someone who just finally got caught doing something that will have actual legs in terms of imposing consequences

They finally view him as a liability because they see this one as an actual threat. It's not like they have moral consistancy or anything

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
On a daily basis, I'm thanking my lucky stars and guardian angel dead Grandma that I was clever and lucky enough to come to Europe, work 4 years in France, and retire in Portugal. Watching the US fall apart is bad enough, just glad I don't have to live in it.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
On a daily basis, I'm thanking my lucky stars and guardian angel dead Grandma that I was clever and lucky enough to come to Europe, work 4 years in France, and retire in Portugal. Watching the US fall apart is bad enough, just glad I don't have to live in it.
Can't say I'm super enthused about Europe's prospect either, but as of right now, Portugal is excellent. And for the future, being as far away from the Russkies as possible combined with Portuguese beaches, food and cities still sounds pretty good. High on my list if I stay in Europe and live to retirement age.