Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of american democracy?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I believe he also referred to his VP as “vice president Trump” at one point yesterday.

Frankly, I flub peoples names pretty often, but switching up Putin for Zelensky and Trump for Harris seems like a clinical issue.

I’d be curious to hear what an impartial neuro-stuff doc has to say.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I believe he also referred to his VP as “vice president Trump” at one point yesterday.

Frankly, I flub peoples names pretty often, but switching up Putin for Zelensky and Trump for Harris seems like a clinical issue.

I’d be curious to hear what an impartial neuro-stuff doc has to say.
This was my thought as well. We all flub basic stuff occasionally, or have a brain fart, and Bidens been infamous for this shit forever, but this feels like something more that just a "gaffe".

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This was my thought as well. We all flub basic stuff occasionally, or have a brain fart, and Bidens been infamous for this shit forever, but this feels like something more that just a "gaffe".
apparently it's associated with stuttering and he's been doing it for many years. anyway, he corrected himself

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
while a bad mistake, i'd still vote for that over the end of democracy.
If Biden drops dead tomorrow, I'd still vote for him over Trump, don't get me wrong. But optics are a thing. I didn't give a shit about his debate "performance" but yee gads mixing up the two belligerents for the start of WW3 is pretty egregious especially when all the messaging from the Biden camp is that the debate was a one off flub.

apparently it's associated with stuttering and he's been doing it for many years. anyway, he corrected himself
I have no idea if his stutter is a part of that or no, and his correction is certainly signs of awareness, but again, optics. It looks bad. The most important thing here is proving he's still with it and can beat Trump. Every time something like this happens it makes people doubt.