Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of american democracy?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think it will cost more to drill for a well than it will for anything i will ever want to build

20200508_110914.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Don't think of it as the death of amercian democracy.

Imagine with me the BIRTH OF A NEW REICH :rofl:

Seriously, propaganda rallies, military used to crush dissent. I'd make a beer hall putsch joke but I think we're already beyond that stage.

At this point, I believe posting stuff like this is just tired repetition that's like reminding people the sky was blue.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Every time we click “share” on those divisive memes, or pass on the fake news story that we haven’t substantiated from credible sources, or repost the “deepfake” photo or video, we are contributing to the successful decades-long effort of our nation’s adversaries to undermine America’s unity and, ultimately, our role as a global power.

But Brooooooo

I'm just posting for conversation! For discussion! Scared of new ideas that aren't your own? Suck it up snowflake™. This meme backs my previously held beliefs so it must be true. :rofl:

I've been talking about this a lot lately. You just can't have conversations between parties who legitimately believe different facts each. You know where the opposition would come from but the free press needs regulation. I can think of nothing more important than censoring bullshit, or at least making it obvious it's bullshit. What do you think the likelihood of creating a 4th branch of gov't (already deemed the 4th estate), that is basically to ensure accurate information to ensure an informed populace. Obviously that could be corrupted but that's why you remove executive and possibly legislative control over the important bits.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Every time we click “share” on those divisive memes, or pass on the fake news story that we haven’t substantiated from credible sources, or repost the “deepfake” photo or video, we are contributing to the successful decades-long effort of our nation’s adversaries to undermine America’s unity and, ultimately, our role as a global power.

But Brooooooo

I'm just posting for conversation! For discussion! Scared of new ideas that aren't your own? Suck it up snowflake™. This meme backs my previously held beliefs so it must be true. :rofl:

I've been talking about this a lot lately. You just can't have conversations between parties who legitimately believe different facts each. You know where the opposition would come from but the free press needs regulation. I can think of nothing more important than censoring bullshit, or at least making it obvious it's bullshit. What do you think the likelihood of creating a 4th branch of gov't (already deemed the 4th estate), that is basically to ensure accurate information to ensure an informed populace. Obviously that could be corrupted but that's why you remove executive and possibly legislative control over the important bits.

On the surface, maybe?
But humans being humans will find a way to corrupt.
It would become nothing more than the "Ministry of Truth"

I think an independent media, not corporate like we have now or governmental is best, but with some legal checks and balances. There needs to be some way to box the bare facts and opinion separately. That was to some extent what I grew up with in the 60/70's the question becomes how do you seperate what has been so well married. Then we are back to how do you legislate truth?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is the television network for fox news still banned in canada?

Places like germany have seen the consequences of not shutting up hateful bullshit in somewhat recent history. It's pretty simple: you can have opinions, but there's a means for the gov't to cut you off if you start spreading nazi bullshit.

Few more examples I can think of........

The problem is that in murkkka no one has the balls to say free speech doesn't mean lies disguised as facts. I mean sure ann coulter should absolutely be able to take money from racist rubes. But we should throw her ass in jail when she just makes shit up that leads to things like idiots shooting up pizza places to free non-existent child slaves.

.....or something like that

We did have a thing

But then ronald jesus christ regan and his minions of doom went to work on that in the 80s.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Completely unrelated.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
that is fucking ridiculous. . :disgust1: where are the republican voices of reason? (rhetorical, don't answer that)
now we have to listen to how Flynn "was totally exonerated!!1!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Completely unrelated.

liberal academic elites that are part of the deep state conspiracy.

That list will be a nice start for McCarthy's Barr's List

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Fairly certain all federal judical appointments are for life.

Elected judges in California are first appointed by the Governor.

so, excuse my ignorance of the topic, but are all judge positions for life? that seems like a terrible idea.

I wonder what the long-con is here ..... :think:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
so, excuse my ignorance of the topic, but are all judge positions for life? that seems like a terrible idea.

I wonder what the long-con is here ..... :think:
Theocratic/ideologue capture of the third branch of government for when you can't fairly hold the other two.