Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of american democracy?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Nothing to see here folks...move along. Dont forget to visit the souvenir stand on your way out. New "Make 'murikkka™ grate agin" hats are in, get 'em before the mandatory wear date, beat the rush...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yes. Yes we are. The "party of Lincoln" can suck my left nut for existing and the "party of the people" can lick my starfish for being a bunch of nepotists and causing today's shit show. I really, REALLY wish I had taken advantage of getting adopted by my step-mom when I was still a minor so I could have gotten UK citizenship - because then I could move wherever in the Crown colonies without a need to justify. F* this noise. Maybe it's finally time to get that long gun...

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I am not sure if I can write a comment I would like without feeling like I am going to have big brother watch me further.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At least if they get rid of the ethics office, they have nobody to tell them what they are doing might be wrong. It's so much easier to be unethical when nobody is watching, or so I've been told.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I saw Jello at Punk Rock Bowling a couple years ago...it was, uhh, interesting.

As far as Cheeto Jeebus doing the right thing...well, Mussolini had the trains running on time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So... when you're in a country held hostage by a two party system... and for both parties, "party > country"... what should the response of the country be?

Just looking for some brainstorming here.
The DNC comparison is a false equivalency. Sure, what they did for Hillary was shifty and awful and they deserve exactly what they got, and it needs to be addressed, but they weren't committing treason by colluding with a former enemy and rival power.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The DNC comparison is a false equivalency. Sure, what they did for Hillary was shifty and awful and they deserve exactly what they got, and it needs to be addressed, but they weren't committing treason by colluding with a former enemy and rival power.
5 months of contact!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/23/intelligence-agencies-nsa-fbi-cia-investigating-michael-flynn-trump-staff-russia-contact

And 4 FISA warrants (hidden behind a "click to read whole article" thing). One of those warrants is what snagged Flynn.