Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of american democracy?

Silverman, Adam via DPS.VSPMedia <dps.vspmedia@list.vermont.gov>
5:46 PM (18 minutes ago)

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE

Vermont State Police investigates report of possible gunshot near state lawmaker’s home

ENOSBURGH, Vermont (Thursday, Oct. 15, 2020) — The Vermont State Police is investigating a report of a possible gunshot fired at or near a state lawmaker’s home Thursday morning, Oct. 15, 2020, in Enosburgh.

State Rep. Felisha Leffler reported the incident at 12:45 p.m. Thursday and said she was awoken at about 5 a.m. by the sound of a gunshot. No injuries were reported.

Members of the Vermont State Police Criminal Division and Field Force Division are investigating the incident, assisted by the Capitol Police Department. At this point in the investigation, there is no additional evidence of a gunshot beyond the sound that was heard, such as obvious signs of damage to the residence.

Rep. Leffler reported that the incident occurred a day after she received a post card in the mail calling for her arrest. That post card was reported to Capitol Police, and further questions should be directed to that agency.

Anyone who has any information possibly related to this incident is asked to call the Vermont State Police in St. Albans at 802-524-5993. Anonymous tips also may be submitted online at https://vsp.vermont.gov/tipsubmit.

No further information is currently available. Updates will be provided as the investigation continues.

- 30 -

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Silverman, Adam via DPS.VSPMedia <dps.vspmedia@list.vermont.gov>
5:46 PM (18 minutes ago)

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE

Vermont State Police investigates report of possible gunshot near state lawmaker’s home

ENOSBURGH, Vermont (Thursday, Oct. 15, 2020) — The Vermont State Police is investigating a report of a possible gunshot fired at or near a state lawmaker’s home Thursday morning, Oct. 15, 2020, in Enosburgh.

State Rep. Felisha Leffler reported the incident at 12:45 p.m. Thursday and said she was awoken at about 5 a.m. by the sound of a gunshot. No injuries were reported.

Members of the Vermont State Police Criminal Division and Field Force Division are investigating the incident, assisted by the Capitol Police Department. At this point in the investigation, there is no additional evidence of a gunshot beyond the sound that was heard, such as obvious signs of damage to the residence.

Rep. Leffler reported that the incident occurred a day after she received a post card in the mail calling for her arrest. That post card was reported to Capitol Police, and further questions should be directed to that agency.

Anyone who has any information possibly related to this incident is asked to call the Vermont State Police in St. Albans at 802-524-5993. Anonymous tips also may be submitted online at https://vsp.vermont.gov/tipsubmit.

No further information is currently available. Updates will be provided as the investigation continues.

- 30 -

Bah, you'll get used it.

No different than a poleax or mace.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
"Were the party of Law and Order!" - GOP

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Similar instances of election fraud have been reported by state Republicans across the country, including Texas governor Greg Abbot limiting ballot boxes to one per county, and Florida governor Ron DeSantis mandating all voters run a gauntlet where they have to eat a dozen Chick-Fil-A nuggets and listen to Ted Nugent’s entire catalog before casting their vote.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Similar instances of election fraud have been reported by state Republicans across the country, including Texas governor Greg Abbot limiting ballot boxes to one per county, and Florida governor Ron DeSantis mandating all voters run a gauntlet where they have to eat a dozen Chick-Fil-A nuggets and listen to Ted Nugent’s entire catalog before casting their vote.
On 11/4/16 I'm pretty sure I told someone "It's gonna be real difficult to tell the difference between The Onion articles and real life for the next few years..."

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
On 11/4/16 I'm pretty sure I told someone "It's gonna be real difficult to tell the difference between The Onion articles and real life for the next few years..."
I'm pretty sure the Beaverton is Canada's answer to The Onion.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think WC predated AV by a few years...
Ah, you're right. One year earlier.

I didn't get on the internet until November 1995, iirc. Was only on BBSes before.