Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
who gives a fuck about that poker of boys brown eyes.....
the GOP wraps their politics in God, as longs as it happens to match their agenda, Now that it doesn't they want to shut the Pope up. They are all manipulative hippocrits. I enjoy the fact the the Church is pulling down the GOPs pants and exposing them as assholes. It will blow the rednecks minds trying to choose between sides

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the GOP wraps their politics in God, as longs as it happens to match their agenda, Now that it doesn't they want to shut the Pope up. They are all manipulative hippocrits. I enjoy the fact the the Church is pulling down the GOPs pants and exposing them as assholes. It will blow the rednecks minds trying to choose between sides
does this mean they'll give up opposing gay marriage from a legal perspective? :clue:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last summer, two Republican-appointed federal judges ruled, against the furious dissent of the Democratic appointee, in favor of what had theretofore been viewed as an outlandish lawsuit designed to blow up Obamacare. The unexpected progress of the lawsuit, hatched by anti-Obamacare activists at a right-wing think tank, filled conservatives with sudden Schadenfreude. They had lost every previous opportunity to finish off universal health care: a 2009 vote in the House, a 2009 vote in the Senate, another 2010 House vote, and, in 2012, both a lawsuit and a presidential election. Now they had yet another chance to drive a stake through the hated centerpiece of Barack Obama’s domestic legacy.

Next month, the Supreme Court will rule on King v. Burwell. If all five Republican appointees support the plaintiffs (there’s no chance any of the Democrat-appointed justices will take the lawsuit seriously), some 7 million Americans will quickly lose their insurance. The prospect that this will occur has induced a wave of panic — not among the customers at risk of losing their insurance, who seem largely unaware, nor even among Obamacare’s Democratic supporters, but among Republicans. The chaos their lawsuit would unleash might blow back in a way few Republicans had considered until recently, and now, on the eve of a possible triumph, they find themselves scrambling to contain the damage. It is dawning on the Grand Old Party that snatching health insurance away from millions of helpless victims is not quite as rewarding as expected.

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
Jeb Bush..oh my good.. Nixon, Reagan etc . they are the reason to hate all republicans all together!

If anyone wants to enter a portal to the Hell, just make time in every annual meeting of the party of Respublicans and say some 666 mantras.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Jeb Bush..oh my good.. Nixon, Reagan etc . they are the reason to hate all republicans all together!

If anyone wants to enter a portal to the Hell, just make time in every annual meeting of the party of Respublicans and say some 666 mantras.
Nixon was further to the left than Obama is though...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Last edited:

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL

I see.

It means that the last 40years it was going downhill in politics and now the lame duck (Obama) couldn't do anything but making the things worse. The differences between democrats and respublicans are less than I thought. American politics is more correct term to use

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
More than anything, I appreciate that the Grand Old Psychopaths have basically cornered the market on cra-cra candidates. Perry, Shelly B, Palin, truffle butter, Theo, Rube, etc ...the writers for John Stewart have it so easy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
More common sense from Republicans

https://www.yahoo.com/health/title-x-the-federal-family-planning-program-is-123492140982.html

"In preparing its budget proposal for the upcoming year, the GOP-led Congress has made moves to fully eliminateTitle X, the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning and related reproductive health services, including contraception."

"However, there’s evidence that Title X saves taxpayers money: For every public dollar invested in family planning, the American taxpayer saves approximately $7 in Medicaid-related costs. Nearly half of all births in the U.S. are paid for by Medicaid, the health care program for low-income families and individuals; the average national cost for one Medicaid-covered birth is $12,770. This is a stark contrast to the $239 per-client cost of publicly funded contraceptive care through Title X family planning. It is estimated, then, that Title X saves taxpayers nearly $7 billion a year.
."

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid

https://www.yahoo.com/health/title-x-the-federal-family-planning-program-is-123492140982.html

"In preparing its budget proposal for the upcoming year, the GOP-led Congress has made moves to fully eliminateTitle X, the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning and related reproductive health services, including contraception."

"However, there’s evidence that Title X saves taxpayers money: For every public dollar invested in family planning, the American taxpayer saves approximately $7 in Medicaid-related costs. Nearly half of all births in the U.S. are paid for by Medicaid, the health care program for low-income families and individuals; the average national cost for one Medicaid-covered birth is $12,770. This is a stark contrast to the $239 per-client cost of publicly funded contraceptive care through Title X family planning. It is estimated, then, that Title X saves taxpayers nearly $7 billion a year.
."
It makes perfect sense if your goal is to punish women for having sex. Not so much if the goal is to save money or reduce abortions. Maybe the Dems need to run on an anti cock blocking platform.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Further evidence the Fox News Facts generation has eliminated the true fiscal conservative (doesn't fit Trump's narrative either):

"The 50-state analysis by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy released on Thursday found that roughly 8.1 million of 11.4 million undocumented immigrants who work paid more than $11.8 billion in state and local taxes in 2012, even while they were living illegally in the country.

The group’s analysis estimated that illegal immigrants’ combined nationwide state and local tax contributions would increase by $845 million under full implementation of Obama’s 2012 and 2014 executive actions and by $2.2 billion under comprehensive immigration reform.

Tax contributions from illegal immigrants ranged from less than $3.2 million in Montana with an estimated undocumented population of 6,000 to more than $3.2 billion in California with more than 3.1 million illegal immigrants, according to the study.

“The numbers alone make a compelling case for reform,” said Matthew Gardner, executive director of ITEP. “This analysis shows that undocumented immigrants already are paying billions in taxes to state and local governments, and if they are allowed to work in the country legally, their state and local tax contributions would considerably increase.”

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/04/16/Study-Finds-Illegal-Immigrants-Pay-118B-Taxes

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ain't that some shit???
I think it goes to show the true nature of the right. No longer bothering to thinly veil the hatred. Hopefully this becomes clearer to more moderate Americans who regularly get suckered into believing otherwise.